Pimax Frontier October 25th, 10am PDT

:joy:

So when some user asks the other users to post their hopes, expectation & fears about the upcoming event, you apparently consider my opinions to carry a LOT of weight as if I had insider information and the other users knew ? Aaaw, that‘s so cute. Thank you!

(I will note that as confirmation that my assumptions at the time about Pimax‘ financial status were pretty spot on, thanks for that)

Anyway, Kevin, don‘t worry: we will see after 25/10. And of course after 6 and 12 months, and so on.

As to the value of announcements: as mentioned, we still are awaiting the materialization of the wireless module and sword sense controllers, all promised during a big marketing event in 2017. Four years later still MIA. How about those ?

So that‘s why I have cautious expectations about Pimax marketing events. There may be a lot of promises on 25/10, but the track record of making them true is certainly not 100%, so we‘ll need a big grain of salt here.

Experience, not negativity.

There is a big difference between these two.

3 Likes

Heh that’s funny. 0% of your stuff has turned out to be true or even close to true. This will be no different.

2 Likes

Okay, so you say that this time Pimax will hit 100% of its announcements to be made on 25/10 ?

Noted.

In this thread I simply said that I have my doubts about Pimax making all true of what they announce (and as a result I will not necessarily hold back on purchases of competing devices with less features or lower specs on paper).

I do not understand why this is so difficult to understand.

As a customer you have learned to distinguish between companies with aggressive marketing who tend to over-promise and others who deliver exactly as announced. Daily customer experience. In my books Pimax has shown a tendency to over-promise. Not due to malicious intent, but rather a case of over-excited engineer syndrome. But the motivation doesn’t matter that much at the end - the end result matters.

Need exhibits ? Product being dubbed 8K while not being 8K; wireless module still missing after 4 years, with no visibility if and when it will arrive. Eye-Tracking while having been released, hasn’t been successfully been put to use by a substantial number of users (which to me as a consumer is actually the worst case of failure to implement a feature because I even paid for it).

So if we are presented with Pimax announcements and comparing them to those of other companies, we obviously take the track record of the relevant company into account when weighing in on them.

But okay, you are outraged about it and say 0% of it will turn out to be true.

Time will tell, Kevin.

2 Likes

No I’m saying that your previous predictions are always wrong.

We are still here when you predicted we wouldn’t be.

8KX, 8K+, Artisan all exist and shipped when you said we wouldn’t. MAS shipped with 3 options and is upgradable when you said would never happen. All accessories and modules exist and are in peoples hands except for a joystick feature and a wireless module which you focus your entire diatribe on. (Strange isn’t it you focus entirely on that.) It’s like talking about Starlink Internet totally in the context of how it can block astronomy. You also say 8K is fake (a famous diatribe from posters like heaney555, when we know it’s indeed 8k wide and that is indeed part of the standard) but you press it anyway. The headsets really do offer the widest FOV of any mass produced device. Period.

What’s more amazing we released most of these things during a worldwide pandemic in difficult circumstances when almost NO vr products were released. We managed to actually grow considerably during that time.

Bottom line all your posts revolve around the same thing. You attempt to create as much fear as possible via deductions that have no basis in fact. The theme is the same, Pimax bankrupt and therefore will never deliver 8KX, MAS, Sword etc. to create fear and doubt so customers who own Pimax are afraid and those who don’t avoid the company.

Your new thing is Pimax might announce something but… Same theme as all your other posts that turned out to be incorrect.

4 Likes

PARNERSHIPS WOW! ? That is news as long as its not F B, its a winning adventure. Could name a list of potential winners… mostly us

1 Like

We have some major ones and minor ones we will announce. There is one release coming out today actually.

7 Likes

Let’s leave it there and re-open this in 12 or 24 months and then have a fact-based continuation of the discussion - will the track record be continued or not.

I mean no harm, but I wont take bs either. If a company over-promises, I might comment on that; if it holds back deliveries for an unreasonably long time while sitting on the customers’ money, I will draw my conclusions; heck, if I had been around when the covert Pimax 4K display downgrade happened, I most certainly would have commented on that too !

Does that make me an annoyance to Pimax ? Fine, so be it.

But actually I am rather interested to see if Pimax release something I actually should want to purchase. It’s just that due to the experience I will likely wait for first user reviews before hitting the order button this time - that was in fact the essence of what I stated to be my realistic expectation. Weird that that triggered this kind of response. How about Pimax spending some cash on social media training.

1 Like

Looks like one of those parters is Tobii.

Also who was it earlier that predicted built in eye tracking? You might be spot on.

1 Like

Heres hoping with built in eye tracking some sort of dynamic distortion correction can be used.

1 Like

Pimax gaining some kind of intrigue with this event. Even SadlyItsBradley is doing a Live Stream. Weird.

he only live streams “Important” events. Pimax don’t drop the ball.

2 Likes

We’re off to a promising start with the integrated eye tracking partnership, that has real potential to shake up the market if they can bring it to headsets which aren’t 8k X expensive or more as well. Even 5k Superish price range with some other improvements would certainly draw interest because of no other offerings, assuming they manage it soon than later without another company swooping in, such as FB.

But definitely still need more to truly live up to the “VR 3.0” moniker and “generations ahead” they’re bragging about right now. It’s still a promising sign that maybe they’re not just totally blowing smoke.

If they can make one or two of either

Standalone wide FoV headset with eyetracking and wireless(Without stupid cost)
Split rendering
Varifocal lenses
MicroOLED displays
Wireless for new headsets and old too

On top of the integrated ETing with improved(Even if not Varifocal) optics like aspheric/pancake lenses and not have it cost 2000+ USD, more like 1500 max? May not be VR 3.0 unless they had multiple of those, but I’d consider the hype not entirely unwarranted.

If they do screw this up and the integrated ETing is the big highlight to show though, then Pimax is gonna be laughed at with how much they talked this event up. I’ve got faith there’s more to share there, but will it live up to expectations? We’ll see.

2 Likes

Well they delayed the event to get Robert Picardo(link) . So they better have more to announce.

And I wonder what they did to get him? Because he looks like he’s about to cry.:rofl:

1 Like

Wait… The emergency medical program hologram fellow? Why? :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT2: Wait again… They’re going to do the whole holodeck spiel, right along with the words and imagery we’ve seen so far, aren’t they?

4 Likes

yup, this supports my theory that the new headset will look like a LaForge Visor.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Will we need to implant the little nubs it connects to? :9

EDIT: Thought it would be kind of funny, by the way, if Geordi, similar to Scotty, had a really thick Newcastle accent – wonder if LeVar could pick one up? :wink:

1 Like

It’s just a facet (though one that is quite amazing with some new capabilities). No worries there.

4 Likes

*2 special guests will be part of the show.

5 Likes

Maybe its Palmer Luckey.

Reading ‘The history of the Future’ right now. Palmer would be an invaluable asset in any VR project.

1 Like

Likely he will be at our booth again this time at CES. But the guest is an mcu actress.

3 Likes