Pimax Frontier October 25th, 10am PDT

I was a Pimax 5k plus backer. I got the 5k headset and was happy with it. Then one day I used the wrong AC plug, the HMD burnt. I was quite upset by that.
So last year I spent $599 to get a new HP Reverb G2. Guess what? That was also made of “cheap plastic”. Its field of view was bad. The picture was clear by it couldn’t accommodate my eyeglasses. Worst of all, it only worked one day! The next day for whatever the reason it just wouldn’t connect to my PC any more.
I mean, you can nitpicking on Pimax for various small issues, but my experience is that the other guys are doing way way worse.
For me, I am a very happy customer ( except the scare 2 days ago ) with Pimax. I bought a Pimax 5K super again, and I can see lots of improvement with the new headset over the previous one.
Therefore, I am looking forward for the new products that Pimax will show us. If it’s an OLED with 8k display, that I might buy again.

5 Likes

I will say, that the Handtracking is the one accessory I’ve bought from Pimax that works 100% perfectly. I use it in tinker pilot.

1 Like

Do you think Pimax will abandon wide FOV?

This would be a good move actually, because I’ve been saying that the 8KX really feels hampered by having to squeeze into the archaic 5K/8K mold.

I really hope that if it is a new headset it comes with a new mold because they need to make it look like a new product.

2 Likes

Hopes that Pimax could implement The Full Field of View 360 with a good lenses or at least it’s working in something similar.

5 Likes

No i doubt it although you have got me thinking. Surely they wont.

1 Like

As long as it does some things substantially better (hopefully new lenses!!) this will be a 100% sure buy for me. Just hoping that Pimax will reveal the core specs, otherwise this is going to be a waste of time.

2 Likes

Idealistic Hopes: Announcement of a ground-breaking product Reality which is going to be released in the coming 3 months, in a good shape with ease of use, polish & reliability. (clearly not going to happen)

More Realistic Expectations: A lot of marketing mumble, but with the prototype of Reality being shown but no clear short-term avaibility and over-promising on specs (just like the wireless module and Sword Sense controllers which never materialized), leaving us with a “sure, sounds good, but let’s wait and see what they deliver when the day comes, and in which state it is

Fears: None of the above, just a marketing exercise to remain in the conversation with lots of lofty promises for some vague future products, Reality not even being in prototype stage yet but just a mere design study, 10K, microOLED, wireless, you name it, but all of it stated to be road map with complete obscurity as to when these will materialize in which combination in which product. Comparable to the Oculus tweets of last week, which don’t give us any idea whatsoever if that is 6 months or 8 years away…

4 Likes

Fortunately historically 0% of your predictions here have been accurate or even in the ballpark. You are just trying to set a negative stage just in case we announce anything people might like.

For those reading this - this is the same person who repeatedly said we were bankrupt and worse among a large number of other things that turned out totally wrong. He said we would never be able to release the 8KX or deliver the MAS for some other examples.

1 Like

if it is one of pimax’s usual preorder events to collect money and then the customers have to wait for months or years. invest the money in stocks and wait until pimax finally delivers something good, and then decide.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of paid pre-orders and if it ever comes up will lobby against it. I would be more in favor of a small deposit for any popular new item essentially as a placeholder in line.

9 Likes

I have no problem with paid pre-order, if company can be honest about the ‘real’ progress on release schedule and demonstrated in the past the ability to stick to what was promised.

Just come clean and honest if there are delays or issues to be sorted out, I will be perfectly fine with a sincere response. I will however never be ok with a response just to pass me off, and I can’t stress enough the importance of this issue, as this is a huge deciding factor to either become a fan of a good product or a naysayer to discourage everyone else to stay away from this good product.

So far I can say pimax deliver pretty much everything it said it would, but the process did not give me that confidence that they would, but the fact remains I got what I paid for, So overall I had a good experience.

Something I would personly like to see pimax improve on, to convince me on future purchases.

3 Likes

i think you didn’t understand me. i don’t want to stand in any queue. i go to the store and buy it myself, or order it online. and if I do not like it, I make use of my right of withdrawal. I don’t think much of what your employer does is okay. is a completely different topic.

1 Like

Then don’t and simply wait until whatever product it is shows up at Amazon or Walmart. If you don’t like a company etc. why are you even bothering to post about it? We get it you don’t like Pimax, you’ve said it 1,000 times.

can you prove that somehow? I know what research and development means. especially with new things that no one has tried to mass produce. the products are in all vehicles, in the radio, navigation,in the tires cameras, seats, coatings on all surfaces: up to the b2 bomber camouflage coating, fuel cell, oled… what I hate the most is poor quality and service. if you feel moved by my statements, too bad. many customers and even more colleagues appreciate this open and honest approach.

Edit:
our company has Tesla in-house this week. we try their tools on our machines and prepare the production for November. I compare pimax to this company, a startup that everyone smiles at. the ridge to “verkacken” is really narrow. We as end users are not beta testers, hobbyists, we do not want poor quality. so brace yourselves, this works!

1 Like

If that was what you were doing then yeah, honest and “open” is great we have plenty of people critical here in that way.

But it’s not at all what you are do. You are here for one reason only - to trash Pimax with every post or agree when others who do. You have not deviated from this for years. There are only a very small number of posters here who are here with that purpose.

I know it’s not your job to improve the product. to sell what is on the table, no matter what and when. looking forward to the event.

1 Like

Now, now guys back to your corners.

Lets keep the speculation friendly. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Updated press releases are going out with more info about the event and partnerships. We’ll post them here as they become available.

5 Likes