Pimax Frontier October 25th, 10am PDT

I’ll just leave here 2 links as I don’t see any discussion about this event.
My blind guess: Pimax will announce new HMD called (caugh) “Frontier” :thinking:

6 Likes

or they have exclusive VR support with Elite Dangerous Odyssey, by partnerning with Frontier. :rofl:

pretty cheeky scheduling it a day before oculus connect.

4 Likes

I can’t really discuss the event (due to NDA), but I did record a Q and A video for it.

5 Likes

You know what would be cool?

If they had new lenses and a curved display to keep that trademark FOV but have a form factor no bigger than an Index.

You know what wouldn’t be cool if this new headset is another kickstarter 5 year campaign. Forget that.

5 Likes

Yes or some nice micro oled display

5 Likes

Lets go wild with speculation. What do we realistically
think it is, considering Pimax’ history?

1 Like

I still think its a New headset, or they achieved wireless for the 8kx

2 Likes

99 % sure Pimax will announce 145 ~125 fov hmd with high res. lcd display

2 Likes

I don’t know or have heard of anyone who has clocked in as many hours in Elite Dangerous ad Neal has, so given that fact and that he has recorded a Q & A video about the event… :sunglasses:

ohh and this, when you have registered on their page…
Dear Pimaxian,

Thank you for your interest and we sincerely look forward to meeting you at Pimax Frontier. We will send you the newest update of Pimax Frontier through E-mail, and reminder for the Pimax Frontier. After the conference, we will randomly select 10 viewers to get our gifts or the opportunity to experience Pimax’s new products. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!

Pimax Team

ding ding ding… new products :star_struck: :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s beyond the speculative power of mere carbon units. :P.

4 Likes

Considering the comments made, I think a new, high fidelity HMD is very likely. Probably with aspheric lenses too. Past that… Hrm, hard to say on the hardware front. I’m expecting we’ll also get some kind of “roadmap” for the future.

1 Like

This I can share: The video had nothing to do with ED.

5 Likes

The space theme is pointing to OLED. Imagine offering the first HDR headset :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I would not call it a “space theme”. I think it’s more about the frontiers of VR.

1 Like

No products called Frontier or partnerships with Frontier development, theme is a mini homage to Trek.

10 Likes

Cap’t Kirk would be proud, but he’s currently busy preparing himself for a launch to the final frontier (Vulcan) as a tribute to his life long friend Mr Spock.

2 Likes

So I guess it is a “space theme” after all. :laughing:

3 Likes

Look forward to the announcements Kevin. Hoping you had final say in development :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If this is an announcement for a new pimax hmd i wonder when such a device would materialize i.e. be on sale? i suppose (hope) the event will talk about such things.

1 Like

Looks like everybody are opting to throw their events around the same time as Facebook Connect…

I guess we may soon be in waiting state for several upcoming devices, each with their own wildly disparate strengths and weaknesses, making the choice all but obvious. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes