So what happened to the thin foam? (Official that both foams will be included)

They should have taken a poll or something (or just put both in the box like they said they would)…yes a few of the X backers that have a headset say a thinner foam would help them…but I know I’ll need a thicker foam…unless something drastically changed from the 5k+ design, which I don’t think happened. I’ll just delete this if it’s confirmed both are there, but here’s me saying don’t switch.

1 Like

I must admit to agree to what595654 here. It has been stated that there will be both foams in the package.

I only need the thin one, so not affected personally, but truth is truth, and many people wear glasses.

Who is making these decisions in Shanghai. Are they not seeing what they’re doing? :thinking:

8 Likes

Every word went through a lengthy team wide process.

1 Like

I’m sure we’ll make the PU leather versions available on the store later in the year. They do clean up very easily and don’t easily absorb moisture. At the show we had brown and black versions of that.

5 Likes

So does this mean that you are sending the thick and thin foam as promised ? @SweViver

6 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/weekly-update-may-21st-2020/28056

Our plan is to ship 8KX together with the SMAS and two sizes of foam that fit the Comfort Kit. Some of you will be very impressed with the shape, size and comfort of the new foam option.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/weekly-update-11th-june-2020/28487

One small note is the new thin extra foam had some small issues to be resolved and only a small number of these were of satisfactory quality.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/weekly-update-17th-june-2020/28621

Furthermore, the new thin face foam’s issues are now resolved and are included in the upcoming 8KX shipment.

17 Likes

Thats what we said from start, yes. Let me double check if the new batches sent have both foams included now!

23 Likes

+1 The statement of Neal reflects my understanding too - two foams would be included. What I don’t really understand is the response by @PimaxUSA, as it doesn’t directly clarify if we are still going to receive two foams or if the goalpost has been moved here.
Which then leads to obvious requests for clarification, see exhibit C (Fomatter’s question).

What is the deal - 1 or 2 foams included with no extra ordering/payment? And if the former - why has it been changed from what had been said earlier, and not communicated openly ?

EDIT: ah, okay, @Sweviver to the rescue. Thanks !

8 Likes

Exactly this!

2 Likes

Pimax now slide says all 8kX orders will include “extra” thin foam, not instead of

backer package also says it includes an EXTRA thin face foam

16 Likes

unboxing video of final 8K X

I’m sure they will ship the missing foams to everyone on their own dime :wink:

10 Likes

I wonder if Pimax is still working on the thin foam after all this time, but they didn’t want to delay shipments any further so they sent the headset without it to the first backers.

1 Like

What!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I’m sorry but how the hell can you make these arbitrary decisions…I want the thick foam with the glasses cutout, with the thin foam as a backup just in case.

I will be furious if I now can’t use the 8kX out of the box (so yet again just like my 5k+) because you changed this without informing us. Get this nonsense and miscommunication sorted ASAP. Two is obviously the best option for everyone for the money we’re paying.

If you are right, so much for ‘the complete package’ that you always talked about.

I see Sweviver says differently. I hope he is the one who is correct in this case, or you should expect an understandable backlash once again :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Hi,

I fully expect Pimax to stick to their word and deliver my 8k x with the thick foam and the extra thin foam face masks, as advertised.

12 Likes

What the hell does this even mean?

24 Likes

One thickness foam is not enough for pimax.

I need to use thin foam while my friend need to use more thickness. It has different distortion for each people.

3 Likes

Surely the two foams in the box is non negotiable. Pimax you need to stop shooting yourselves in the foot. What on earth is going on over there. If a mistake has been made fair enough send on the other foams for free. But don’t start shifting the goalposts.

All these improvements we talk about as if they are something you vaguely aspire to, when it should be the absolute minimum standard. The bar you expect all your dealings to never drop below. If the people you have can’t achieve that, get rid of them and get new ones. If the processes don’t work, develop new ones. It would need to be the standard you hit if you were operating in the UK or you’d be out of business. All the other companies manage it. Why can’t you?

9 Likes

@Navi_8K

Please read this thread above and tell me Pimax have stopped lying to people!

Not even a few weeks ago in Pimax Now and repeatedly since then they said everyone would be getting 2 foams, now PimaxUSA is trying to walk back that statement and saying the early few will only get the thick foam and everyone else will only get the thin foam. This is exactly what we are still dealing with after 3 years of this nonsense.

5 Likes

Thank you, Looking forward to what happens next!

2 Likes

You already know what that means!