So what happened to the thin foam? (Official that both foams will be included)

+1 The statement of Neal reflects my understanding too - two foams would be included. What I don’t really understand is the response by @PimaxUSA, as it doesn’t directly clarify if we are still going to receive two foams or if the goalpost has been moved here.
Which then leads to obvious requests for clarification, see exhibit C (Fomatter’s question).

What is the deal - 1 or 2 foams included with no extra ordering/payment? And if the former - why has it been changed from what had been said earlier, and not communicated openly ?

EDIT: ah, okay, @Sweviver to the rescue. Thanks !

8 Likes

Exactly this!

2 Likes

Pimax now slide says all 8kX orders will include “extra” thin foam, not instead of

backer package also says it includes an EXTRA thin face foam

16 Likes

unboxing video of final 8K X

I’m sure they will ship the missing foams to everyone on their own dime :wink:

10 Likes

I wonder if Pimax is still working on the thin foam after all this time, but they didn’t want to delay shipments any further so they sent the headset without it to the first backers.

1 Like

What!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I’m sorry but how the hell can you make these arbitrary decisions…I want the thick foam with the glasses cutout, with the thin foam as a backup just in case.

I will be furious if I now can’t use the 8kX out of the box (so yet again just like my 5k+) because you changed this without informing us. Get this nonsense and miscommunication sorted ASAP. Two is obviously the best option for everyone for the money we’re paying.

If you are right, so much for ‘the complete package’ that you always talked about.

I see Sweviver says differently. I hope he is the one who is correct in this case, or you should expect an understandable backlash once again :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Hi,

I fully expect Pimax to stick to their word and deliver my 8k x with the thick foam and the extra thin foam face masks, as advertised.

12 Likes

What the hell does this even mean?

24 Likes

One thickness foam is not enough for pimax.

I need to use thin foam while my friend need to use more thickness. It has different distortion for each people.

3 Likes

Surely the two foams in the box is non negotiable. Pimax you need to stop shooting yourselves in the foot. What on earth is going on over there. If a mistake has been made fair enough send on the other foams for free. But don’t start shifting the goalposts.

All these improvements we talk about as if they are something you vaguely aspire to, when it should be the absolute minimum standard. The bar you expect all your dealings to never drop below. If the people you have can’t achieve that, get rid of them and get new ones. If the processes don’t work, develop new ones. It would need to be the standard you hit if you were operating in the UK or you’d be out of business. All the other companies manage it. Why can’t you?

9 Likes

@Navi_8K

Please read this thread above and tell me Pimax have stopped lying to people!

Not even a few weeks ago in Pimax Now and repeatedly since then they said everyone would be getting 2 foams, now PimaxUSA is trying to walk back that statement and saying the early few will only get the thick foam and everyone else will only get the thin foam. This is exactly what we are still dealing with after 3 years of this nonsense.

5 Likes

Thank you, Looking forward to what happens next!

2 Likes

You already know what that means!

It never ends. New unimaginable ways of messing up, so entertaining to follow.

Pimax turns towards backers: “Are you not entertained!?”

6 Likes

The bottom line is not only were we told numerous times the past year, but it was literally advertised to come with the extra foam as well. Legally they will have to modify the shipments to add the extra foam now.

3 Likes

They are meaningless corporate buzzwords. Its telling that he wont just come out and say yes or no if we are getting BOTH foams as was advertised.

2 Likes

I could add to that but I’ll just say yes!!

@NextGenVR Nice triggered. Before the first package of the new delivery was opened, panic broke out again.

xD

I’m not sure what you are talking about there, I always thought there should be two foams in the box. It was fully agreed this would happen literally in writing and I was just as surprised as anyone and for some reason they just didn’t do it that way. When Marcin and I pointed this out they switched from thick to thin but still not both - also a surprise.

12 Likes

They need to switch back to both, you’ve literally advertised it.

There is no mechanism to move the headset closer of further away, and people have different face shapes and glasses. Either one is bound to displease the other half of users.

11 Likes