[Pimax Official]To Pimax 8K backers

just smoking the pot i think lol

Pimax would produced more 5k+ headset.(by survey + preorder)

So It will sales to preordered customer.

It was planned.

8k bakers is a sacrificial victim.

3 Likes

I am just a poor backer trying to navigate the seas of lies and deceit in search of truth and dare I say…hope.

Each day repeating the same as before. A puppet dancing to the tune of the puppet master. But there is no tune, only silence, neglect and distant sounds of laughter.

7 Likes

Same question too.

@anon74848233 could you confirm if you want all backers currently waiting for a 5K+ to contact your support again to confirm the shipping address again ? Even those who already confirmed their shipping address 2 weeks ago for the spreadsheet ?

@anon74848233 Can I pay extra for express shipping so I don’t have wait until after holidays?

1 Like

Only those who Pimax claims have not replied to their survey.

1 Like

What a bullshit!,Sorry pimax but if you threat your investors this way,
Then i cannot recommend anyone the products from pimax…

If i do this to my customers i can shut my store over here…

Get you things together…Sorry my patience ended now!

5 Likes

True true, but unfortunately nobody cares about your money more than you do.

At least sebastian loves his 5k+.

3 Likes

Yes and Sebastian is very very good.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-official-to-pimax-8k-backers/13868/85

2 Likes

I love my 5k+ as well. I mean, I will… one day. :heart:

3 Likes

@Matthew.Xu Can I get an update on 1. SUPEN-1492 ?

Thanks.

1 Like

Don’t want to make this shitstorm bigger than it is already…

With that many backers shifting to the 5k+ AND Pimax beeing involved
more or less directly making backers shift to the 5k+ I’m afraid that the support
and further development of the 8k may become neglected or at least less prioritized.
And make no mistake both headsets need attention to improve.

Actually, I want to stay strong :slight_smile: and stay with the 8k but you do not need to be a Genie to predict that support for the 8k will be much slower.
I’d be glad if someone can prove me wrong but 8k 5k ratio “feels” like 1:5.

Support and improvement are kinda tied by a big amount of how many devices of one or the other actually being used/sold. So I have valid concerns that 8kers will most likely also “slowed out” by an not really fast company in the future as well.

Sad…

7 Likes

If so, the minimum they should do for their users is to be honest and tell them the truth, "we have not reached what we wanted with the 8k and surely we can not improve any feature of the 8k, we prefer that backers get for the 5k+ as an option of future.

At least they would remain as gentlemen.

Greetings

4 Likes

i know its tempting to get into negative speculations on the 8k’s future at this moment.
But i think they have different reasons as a business during this kickstarter, in a production plan they just looked and decided to please 2/3 of the backers against 1/3 of the backers. Also producing the 5k+ does cost them less as a business, reflecting in the 200 usd difference in the retail price, so pimax is happy to promote that. And then trying to hold everything together with promises they can’t keep or silence things. Keeping us on a leash.
I regret at this point supporting Pimax

3 Likes

@Matthew.Xu you said 8ks would be sent by the 29th, now @anon74848233 reports that even #90 was not yet shipped. Now you threaten us that if we don’t switch to 5k we’ll have to wait at least one more month??

Can you at least be honest and clearly state what’s wrong with 8ks? Why don’t you produce and send them?

7 Likes

8k stayers, Are we missing something here, do you think pimax are suggesting we change to 5k+ so we get headset now while they build the 8k ones, once they are built we can then swap for the 8k as we pledged.
If that is not the case then I suggest Pimax sends all 8K backers who want the 8k a 5k+ headset now, and then let us swap it once they have finally built the 8k,
Hands up if you agree…

2 Likes

Thats what i’ve been proposing in my last post, but i’ve been told that it too complicated by Matthew and called ‘unfare’ by other backers…
https://community.openmr.ai/t/delay-with-the-8k-are-you-going-to-switch-to-5k-what-if-pimax-offered-options/13649/19

Seems like i’ve made better prediction than pimax on the estimated shipping date of the 8K

everybody would like that, but they will never do it. Let say 1500 backers two times shipping back and forth let say 100 usd.= 150.000 usd. And then check all the headsets again that come back…

I was told that there was a problem with the 8k panel supplied to them.
The problem seems to be related to color.
But I don’t know if this is 100% true.

5 Likes