[Pimax Official]To Pimax 8K backers

@Matthew.Xu Can I get an update on 1. SUPEN-1492 ?

Thanks.

1 Like

Donā€™t want to make this shitstorm bigger than it is alreadyā€¦

With that many backers shifting to the 5k+ AND Pimax beeing involved
more or less directly making backers shift to the 5k+ Iā€™m afraid that the support
and further development of the 8k may become neglected or at least less prioritized.
And make no mistake both headsets need attention to improve.

Actually, I want to stay strong :slight_smile: and stay with the 8k but you do not need to be a Genie to predict that support for the 8k will be much slower.
Iā€™d be glad if someone can prove me wrong but 8k 5k ratio ā€œfeelsā€ like 1:5.

Support and improvement are kinda tied by a big amount of how many devices of one or the other actually being used/sold. So I have valid concerns that 8kers will most likely also ā€œslowed outā€ by an not really fast company in the future as well.

Sadā€¦

7 Likes

If so, the minimum they should do for their users is to be honest and tell them the truth, "we have not reached what we wanted with the 8k and surely we can not improve any feature of the 8k, we prefer that backers get for the 5k+ as an option of future.

At least they would remain as gentlemen.

Greetings

4 Likes

i know its tempting to get into negative speculations on the 8kā€™s future at this moment.
But i think they have different reasons as a business during this kickstarter, in a production plan they just looked and decided to please 2/3 of the backers against 1/3 of the backers. Also producing the 5k+ does cost them less as a business, reflecting in the 200 usd difference in the retail price, so pimax is happy to promote that. And then trying to hold everything together with promises they canā€™t keep or silence things. Keeping us on a leash.
I regret at this point supporting Pimax

3 Likes

@Matthew.Xu you said 8ks would be sent by the 29th, now @anon74848233 reports that even #90 was not yet shipped. Now you threaten us that if we donā€™t switch to 5k weā€™ll have to wait at least one more month??

Can you at least be honest and clearly state whatā€™s wrong with 8ks? Why donā€™t you produce and send them?

7 Likes

8k stayers, Are we missing something here, do you think pimax are suggesting we change to 5k+ so we get headset now while they build the 8k ones, once they are built we can then swap for the 8k as we pledged.
If that is not the case then I suggest Pimax sends all 8K backers who want the 8k a 5k+ headset now, and then let us swap it once they have finally built the 8k,
Hands up if you agreeā€¦

2 Likes

Thats what iā€™ve been proposing in my last post, but iā€™ve been told that it too complicated by Matthew and called ā€˜unfareā€™ by other backersā€¦
https://community.openmr.ai/t/delay-with-the-8k-are-you-going-to-switch-to-5k-what-if-pimax-offered-options/13649/19

Seems like iā€™ve made better prediction than pimax on the estimated shipping date of the 8K

everybody would like that, but they will never do it. Let say 1500 backers two times shipping back and forth let say 100 usd.= 150.000 usd. And then check all the headsets again that come backā€¦

I was told that there was a problem with the 8k panel supplied to them.
The problem seems to be related to color.
But I donā€™t know if this is 100% true.

5 Likes

I reckon with the 1000 dollars I gave them itā€™s enough.

1 Like

Who told you that?
So it means they have not even started building 8Ks??

They reported around 200 8ks built last week, theyā€™re just not shipping them to you.

This is disappointing to say the least but Iā€™ve come this far and swapped and changed so many times now I canā€™t be arsed to worry about this any longer. Hopefully Pimax will use this opportunity to reflect and improve the 8K or at least make extra sure they pour more resources into it post CNY. Perhaps they could offer a something extra for those waiting much longer now. Either way, Iā€™d rather have an 8K arrive that works properly than one that needs to be returned.

Dems da breaksā€¦

:tired_face:

1 Like

So if you are in Canada east coast. Do we get it from the US distribution center?

I agree they should be offering something, this is not good enough.

The only way I see them offering something is possibly if when they ship preorders before 8k backers.

Like fast direct shipping, i would be happy with that. even give them a couple of bucks for the extra cost

Might be quicker if we go and pick them up.

I dare say youā€™re a poet and donā€™t know it, a haiku master of subtle sarcastic slang /s

He is one of the pimax teams. He didnā€™t give me a definite answer, either. However, he said the delivery was possible after the Chinese New Year because the supplied 8k panels were bad.

3 Likes