[Pimax Official]5K+ Kickstarter and Pre-Order Delivery Status Report

So preorders were delivered by accident?

For the nth time any is to many.

你杀到上海总部,到时人家一句话,货在深圳~ :)

1 Like

So I got an email Monday with a tracking# attributed to Fedex. 2 days later and Fedex still has no record. How long should it take before I can track the shipment?

2 Likes

8K? 8K? 8K? 8K? When?

2 Likes

This is wonderful news, However the 8K backers are still in the dark with no updates.
Dallas or Pimax reps I would respectfully ask for said update Please.

4 Likes

I repeat my request.

JMB3D
:uk:

2h

This is wonderful news, However the 8K backers are still in the dark with no updates.
Dallas or Pimax reps I would respectfully ask for said update Please

3 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-official-producing-status-and-shipping-arrangement-of-8k/14182/81?u=heliosurge

1 Like

Let’s be realistic… we all know they won’t be.
Brexit is going to be very interesting… I’m going to England in March, but sadly going home on the 17th, so I’ll miss the party.

(I’m not Pimax staff, to make that clear).

I wouldn’t say accident, but it wasn’t the intent. Think of it this way:

You mailed a letter to your friend in USA on 2/1. You sent another letter to the same friend on 2/2 to correct something you misstated in the first letter. The letter you sent later got delivered first. Why? Is it your fault that it happened that way? No, the freight/mail carrier just treated the packages in a different order than you might have expected. Mail/shipping isn’t so organized to the point that they really concern themselves with first in/first out as that’s a waste of their time. They just get everything they have out as quickly as they can.

4 Likes

That’s really good to know, so when will I receive my 8k headset.

2 Likes

@anon74848233 @PimaxUSA
Why don’t you ever talk about 8k? What’s the problem?

2 Likes

From previous experience, shipping takes 2-3 weeks from leaving Pimax offices (assuming smooth flow of goods).

2 Likes

Is their a problem?
I must wonder this, I agree nothing on 8k, weird but might be for a good or bad reason, trying to stay optimistic.

1 Like

@PimaxUSA might have an update in a few minutes when he’s visiting VR Roundtable:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimaxs-kevin-henderson-live-bonus-episode/15498

1 Like

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-official-producing-status-and-shipping-arrangement-of-8k/14182/81?u=heliosurge

The trouble is that the latest spreadsheet doesn’t reflect that any 8k headsets have been built since the previous spreadsheet (same backer in the ‘first’ row (row 2 is still backer 90), and my backer number still occupies the same row on the spreadsheet.

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if any one at pimax knows what is going on, they must be sworn to keep any info secret, not even a whisper.
How much longer is this going to go for, I would love to know so I can make some form of decision on what to do, that’s if I have any options.
After all this time I don’t understand one bit why we are being kept in the dark.
Last year I bought a 5k motion rig from a kickstarter, it broke, the makers got on a plane, came and inspected, took it back to a European country, upgraded it and sent it back.
Their support is amazing good, and very informative, god and bad.
Pimax you have to understand how we feel about this situation, it’s getting beyond reproach.

Can you clarify the current situation with the 8k build programme, any issues, updated spreadsheet, options to backers and any other info you would consider informative.

If you can’t ansewer here then send me a message, thanks in advance.

3 Likes

If that’s true how come the spreadsheet still states 8k are still building whereas it was just updated?
Dallas didn’t respond to any 8k requests.
The post only mensions 5ks.

They are probably shipping pre-orders again…

1 Like

Pimaxusa said 40% of 8ks built I do believe have been shipped. I think it was an Aussie I updated recently with 8k title.

Shipping has beem explained by another user.