Pimax Now Event Discussion (merged)

I suggest that you get a placeholder video up on @SweViver’s YouTube channel. I’m not sure what they’re called, but it’s one of those things that shows an event is coming and allows you to set a reminder. I just went there assuming there would be one, and maybe I’m missing it but I can’t find one.

6 Likes

@SweViver, it would be great if you could set this up! This type of reminder on YouTube would make it great for us.

4 Likes

I will not watch this, why am I forced to watch to get information from somebody I do not subscribe to,
I find this really frustrating, does sweviver even work for Pimax?
Why are we not getting an official email from Pimax after waiting all this time?
When it’s all over can some one from Pimax send me an email on when I will get my 8k x?
I’m not impressed.

3 Likes

Yes, Sweviver does work for Pimax.

I agree with the desire to receive a simple, concise information release would be preferable to an hour-long video, especially when the information is notoriously unreliable.

7 Likes

Ok Thanks, I see why now.
Still won’t watch and will wait for the long awaited news for delivery on here or maybe by email.
I can’t stand all the hype that Pimax are not living up to.
I will make up my own mind when I can and not be Influenced by others views, as you say especially when they are unreliable.

2 Likes

Please try to restrict your comments in this thread to questions for our team. Thank you.

6 Likes

Where the answers?
Obviously you must know or are you going to be told on the 29th aswell?

1 Like

The name of the thread is Pimax Now questions - Event on June 29th. Please restrict your posts here to questions for the event.

5 Likes

Hand tracking is on the way; would full body tracking without needing to strap more objects to your body ever be technically possible?

Edit: original question: Hand tracking is on the way; would full body tracking ever be technically possible?

3 Likes

It is possible through Vive tracking pucks and potentially through vr addons like WalkOVR.

Yes I should’ve clarified, I meant inside-out tracking like the Leap, or really anything that doesn’t involve strapping more bits to you.

1 Like

Unfortunately you will need extra bits for body tracking. The ultra leap relies on it’s cameras to see the hands.

Steamvr tracking sensors use external laser sweeps to track. Mocap requires something to track whether outside cameras like Andy Sircus(sp?) Or use of sensors and magnetic fields. There has also been an idea of using sensors like ekg to track muscle reactions.

1 Like

Pimax COO, I preordered the 8KX on November 4, and after the lone confirmation email, I’ve received no information from Pimax, nothing telling me about OpenMR, nothing about weekly updates, nothing about Pimax Days, nothing, nothing, nothing. I’m feeling extremely neglected. Is my situation unique, or are all of the preorderers treated this way? The backers are sent emails and are asked for their opinions, but for those of us who spent a minimum of $1300, we are totally ignored. So my question to you is will you do anything to correct this neglect, or is this the treatment we can expect from now on? I believe the challenges of the development of the 8KX have been overwhelming, but I also believe you can do better.

12 Likes

No, most of us (including backers like me) feel neglected by Pimax sometimes. Their communication, support, and QA have improved, but still aren’t where I feel they should be. You’ll feel a lot better once your 8KX arrives. Will you forgive Pimax? That depends; imo, there’s nothing else comparable to the 8KX, so I don’t have much choice. I want them to succeed, so that they will continue to update their software and push the limits of VR in ways that the major brands aren’t willing to.

6 Likes

No doubt we have many, many improvements we still should make. Clearly much better communication with those who have ordered should be one of them.

A mass email pointing those who have ordered to resources like OpenMR is clearly a good idea that was missed. Our website and other media do point people here though and a few months ago we started posting weekly updates on progress.

I do think most found their way here but we also need to make the existence of resources like this more obvious and point to it from more locations.

7 Likes

Contact Support on the main PimaxVR.com site. They have a way for you to upgrade; I did it. Be sure to watch your Junk folder just-in-case. Some of my emails from Pimax ended up there.

3 Likes

My Question:
Why do you offer compensation again for my Kickstarter buy of a base station and how many times I have to say I just want what I backed for and how long will you keep us waiting when not opting for compensation plans again?

2 Likes

Here’s one simple thing to do: Move some of the links which are “hidden” on the Help page to the main PiTool page (and show the link text, not “Click to view”)…

8 Likes

Hi mazi - the reason is you only speak for yourself and not others. If an offer is not to your liking you don’t have to do anything. Such offers DO benefit you indirectly because those who do find an alternate plan attractive increase the speed we can deliver to those who keep the items.

3 Likes

Hi Neal - we do have a similar approach to that already incorporated into a future pitool.

9 Likes