Has Pimax Now been delayed? (It's June 29th)

Hoping WW III doesn’t kick off in the next 5 days :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I purposely stick people in slow moving games for their first time because of that. Had friends run/jump straight into the wall with my old Vive a few times LOL

3 Likes

Or an Alien Invasion.

3 Likes

oh dear, NOW …(not to be confused with Pimax NOW) you folks are just plain trolling the pimax good name (not to be confused with rightfully complaining) according to some pimax staff /s

1 Like

I’m thinking that playing in bare feet and defining the play area with an area rug or foam mat would help. Then you just stop moving if you feel that you’ve stepped off of the play area. The rug boundary should be 1 step smaller than the room limit with your arms out-stretched.

If that doesn’t work, sprinkle some Legos around the rug boundary. :rofl:

5 Likes

I am sure you will get a summary of some kind afterwards, either from Pimax or in the forum.

Just skip the show then.

No, the joke is the delay in delivering the substantial deliveries! That has made not only me quite angry at times, combined with the Kafka-esque communication policy of Pimax.

However, about the free stretchgoal of three pieces of content - seriously: what on Earth did you expect we would get ? Three triple-A titles developed exclusively for Pimax ?! You have to look at it in context of what the other stretchgoals already were promising and what one can reasonably expect a company to provide under the circumstances. If looking at the stretchgoals in total, they actually were quite generous, wouldn‘t you agree ? At leadt, if we ever receive them…

3 Likes

I like the LEGO idea :rofl: I actually have a decent sized space and use a big square carpet as a boundary, but it didn’t help with a few people who were super immersed. One friend literally dived for cover but forgot he was playing a game in a room LOL :rofl:

3 Likes

Yepp, certain developers of an excessively successful Battle Royal game who have a game shop to promote have certainly raised the expectation bar when it comes to giveaways. But even there none was VR capable out of the box up to now.
The best content-per-money VR bundle was probably the one Humble bundle offered a few months ago. They likely have a pretty good negotiation position though with their volumes and the bundle stategy. That would have been genious from Pimax: Buying each person who pledged one of these Humble Bundle packages! But that was hard to foresee I guess…

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra Why do you guys think you can get away with just posting an announcement about Pimax Now event being delayed to June 29th but not posting any news about 8K-X production progress and whether you’ve shipped a single 8K-X yet? I.e weekly update. You were supposed to start shipping a week or two ago!

1 Like

I guess they’re saving the news for the event:

1 Like

Which is why many of us are sick and tired of these “events” and just want the information as it is recieved…

5 Likes

I think we’ve gotten quite a steady stream of information

1 Like

Yes, in a sense we did. Though I wish todays update included more confirmation everything is still on track. Any sudden omission of these confirmations worry me

5 Likes

If only to have that much space!!!

1 Like

Progress has been made!
There will be deliveries!

Meanwhile, pre-order Artisan! It comes with a coupon for 8KX and Plan WTF to update

I feel for you. I really only have room for seated VR and don’t even own VR controllers. I plan to buy some so that I can play Half-Life: Alyx, but I’ll have to play standing in one spot. I’ve got a small foam pad to stand on and the hardwood floor should remind me if I step off the “safe spot” in my home office. I certainly don’t want to break my monitor (or anything else in my crowded room).

I hope I don’t have to resort to Legos! :rofl:

That is what I love about VR I also have a very small space. But when I put my headset on my space is endless and I can even go into outer space and fight space pirieters. All for less then a new car.

2 Likes

For once I am not worried about this particular fact - they just wanted to spare the updates of at least 1,5 weeks for the show. Otherwise it would be a show to announce the recent developments of - the last 2,3 days.

So let’s see what Monday brings, and let’s continue to complain discuss afterwards with more solid absence of any meaningful news…

4 Likes

I’ve recently moved and now have my ‘own space’ - only I can’t even stretch both arms out without touching something. Before, without my own space I was allowed to VR in the living room but that licence has now been revoked!!

1 Like

I find it absolutely hilarious Pimax first mentioned the Pimax Now event in mid April and said it was coming soon. I thought to myself, oh, it must be coming tomorrow or within a week. Nope. It took 2 freaking months for a date to be announced.

I get the feeling the Pimax Now event will be underwhelming and that they are still far from shipping any 8KXs. Keep your expectations very very low guys.

Pimax took so freaking long that I gave in to impatience and got a StarVR One.

5 Likes