Pimax Frontier October 25th, 10am PDT

I’m going to have to try to find what I paid for 5k+ and 8kx…

1 Like

I’d love for it to be confirmed by Kevin as he speaks in official capacity.

I think Pimaxians sounds quite fun and different.
Being born in the 80s and always a tech-geek ever since C64 days, “Pimaxians” gives me that old-style Sci-Fi vibe, which is a bit nostalgic. You know, I see those long-haired geeks coding all day and creating weird electronic music with the awesome Commodore midi chip. It’s has its own beauty.

Cringe is a strange word to me though. Nothing that existed in my younger years. Feels like something a random Fortnite-addicted kid made up to bully others because of his own inability to entertain others… :smirk:

3 Likes

Dam! …I’m a relic! I was born 1962…Gaming keeps my blood flowing still to this day though.

6 Likes

Ha! I was born in ‘58. Young whippersnappers!

6 Likes

Cringe is a proper word with ca. 800 years old records, for the reflexive spasm you can subconsciously do from the sheer severity of a sudden physical trauma you are being subjected to, or some 300 years later, of a threat, or of an embarrassment (…and yes - it did cause me to unvoluntarily make that old just-bit-into-a-lemon face, and suck in breath through my teeth - I think I even tensed and curled up a bit, just like: “Amigans” did back in the day, and even worse, the swed-ified: “Amiganer”), so with all due respect, I’ll disagree on which is the bully, and which is the “victim”, no matter how many fortnite kids today weaponise it, through suggesting that something should make you cringe. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes. Mechanics aside, the price you actually paid for your 5K+ will be deducted from the price of the 12KQ.

5 Likes

Hi Kevin this include Pimax Headsets bought on Amazon or only thru Pimax store?

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter where you bought it, as long as you can produce a receipt.

9 Likes

I’m really looking forward to using this new headset and I’ll just use my 8kx for now
Definitely not going to buy anything made by oculus Mark Zuckerberg and his COVID spreading friends probably made it so people get brain cancer to speed up there depopulation program :grimacing:

2 Likes

Very excited about the upcoming Frontier, can’t wait for high res, high FOV HMD with better colors than LCD. It’s like a dream coming true.

Could someone kindly confirm - FOV is not going to be reduced, right?

3 Likes

According to press the FoV is being increased from 160wide(presentation said 170?) To 200 wide(will need to see if it matches; my guess legit 180 to 190).

Vertical from iirc from 112 to 135.

2 Likes

It’s immediately obvious that it’s wider, taller and brighter than our previous headsets.

4 Likes

Thay I don’t doubt. But this need to round things up is quite terrible in the industry. As we know @risa2000 hmdq tool gets to the real values. As an owner of the p4k not sure why the fov was embellished.

Even htc vp 2 felt the need to round up. Just post clear spec legit numbers without marketing embellishments. :laughing:

3 Likes

I was just pointing out it is quite neat to see, some of that feeling from way back when I put on the DK1.

6 Likes

I’m really looking forward to seeing the mini LED & quantum dot screens. Bright, colourful HDR panels should be amazing in VR.

Genuinely good luck with it all Pimax, if you can pull off even 70% of what you’ve promised it should be pretty impressive.

Focus on polish and build quality and you could be on to a real winner.

How are you going to tone map the none HDR games (IE every one?) Is it going to be like Windows/Xbox auto HDR feature?

3 Likes

Is the panels canted to same degree as before iirc 10 degrees each?

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hand Tracking not working, install issues. Anyone with 5k+/xr have it working?

Will you be mad that I’m really quite tempted by the new headset if it’s expectations pan out? :wink:

1 Like

It’s your choice. If you think an XR2 will be able to display such a resolution @90hz even with foveating rendering…
Anyway I replied to the one who bans guys who tell the truth and call them liars.