Hand Tracking not working, install issues. Anyone with 5k+/xr have it working?

Even if it’s true and works, it’s not up to the community to do their job.

His problem was not related to yours. Rebuilding the Driver on this instance your right Ultra Leap needs to do better with there driver releases.

Hopefully pimax gets your refund request properly looked after and corrects the headset usb mode issue on headsets the HT module doesn’t work on.

the problem was precisely in tracking in the Steam VR environment. this is a problem with the AMD platform, I have no problems detecting the tracking module, you can delete my posts or move to another branch.

1 Like

This is my greatest fear.

news from support

Sorry to reply you late. Could you still contact with the seller if you purchased it from the local website?

pimax does not understand that it is a general problem of many users, what else should we do?

It’s been 3 weeks I send back the hand tracking module and I’m still waiting the refund they owe me. Each week there’s an excuse to not give my money back (new year, business travel…). They have everything, including my paypal account.
@PimaxQuorra can you please do something to accelerate the process ?

1 Like

Pimax finally refund my hand tracking module but these thieves stole me more than 20€ (shipping).
They fck up by intregrating an incompatible usb port in their hmd and don’t fully refund customers. Be warned : Pimax swindles you.

It sucks to not be refunded shipping. But is normal for many merchants without free shipping.

Gearbest for example you pay to ship it to you and if you have a DOA or Warranty issue you pay to return it as well.

Why it is best to use platforms like Amazon.

As for the port likely a bad batch or not properly configured from supplier. However agreed not a good customer xp to not fix it up speedily.

@PimaxQuorra

That’s a joke - isn’t it?
How many tickets should I create for this Problem?
The last answer from your professional support team was this:

Re: Hand Tracking not working on 5k+, USB-C problem
Sorry to reply you late. Could you still contact with the seller if you purchased it from the local website?
BR
Emery

Now you write in your Weekly Update:

Hand Tracking Module Issue on 5K Plus
If you own a Hand Tracking Module but it is not detected on your 5K Plus headset we suggest you create a support ticket entitled “HT Module with 5K Plus”. 
Our technician can remotely perform a full diagnostic procedure and in most cases provide a solution. 
In addition please send a private message to Quorra Pimax once you create the ticket so we can follow up on the progress for resolution of this issue.

How many more messages should I send to QuorraPimax???

And what is done in the remote session, this:

You really believe your customers are idiots - right?

2 Likes

If they consider sending back HT and refunding is a solution…!

Not really a solution if it is the hmd usb port configuration that is seemingly the root cause and not the HT module. As if the ports for expansion are not useable then you simply have a headset with ports that can be used maybe for power or wired connection to controllers.

@UweP @Dougi @Thigmark
Did they solve the problem?

no, i gave up.
Pimax is history for me, no more desire.

@Cfen, does it work for you now?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/ht-module-with-5k-plus-14073-on-going/35247

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/hand-tracking-not-working-install-issues-anyone-with-5k-xr-have-it-working/33758

Hilarious !

Reopened Topic and moved your post here. HT does seem to work on my hmd.

So, anyone who had the USB 1.1 issue with their HT had any luck?

1 Like

Unfortunately that is unlikely as a base usb webcam iirc will not work on usb v1.1

That being said the wireless router? That @MarcoBalletta has used on different peripherals might work with the HT maybe.

hi
I have Pimax 8K X with latest Pimax 275 software and HMD Firmware 299 and today I get Pimax Hand tracking device and when I put it in told me to install drivers I installed them and all then Im geting Leap Motion Device is not ready … I have 6m original Pimax optical cable
what to do… ???

1 Like