How can the new headsets be called "Vision" headsets without new optics?

Seems disingenuous to call them “Vision” models if the optics remain the same. (5K+ Vision has the same screens so its not screens?)
First it was backer downgrade coupon terms of use changing, that was very disingenuous as well. (Maybe and hopefully that was just a communication error?)

To find out Pimax might be renegging on their confirmation on new lenses (confirmed by @SweViver) is more than dissapointing and undermines trust even further.

For those who will say this is not a confirmation of new lenses, why would lenses be off topic to talk about if they were the same unchanged lenses? There would be nothing new to talk about and nothing Sweviver wished he could tell us about the lenses if they were still planned to be the same for the vision models.
This below comment was clearly a subltle/discreet or unintentional confirmation of new lenses.

Is renegging on promises Pimax’s new policy? Is the new totally different controller design and the new tracking ring design which were confirmed by @Sean.Huang and @PimaxUSA another tall story?

I respectfully disagree.

1 Like

Please tell me what product differences exist between the 5K+ and 5K+ vision which relates to a redefined visual experience, otherwise your argument remains unsubstantiated opinion.

Both existing 5k+ and 5k+ Vision have:

1. Same lenses.
  2. Same resolution and displays.
  3. Both can achieve 120hz.

New housing does not relate to “vision”, nothing relating to improved visual fidelity or anything like that. If you’re going to say that even a basic reasonably expected level of casing durability and quality is somehow a “visionary improvement” don’t bother because this should have been standard feature (durable housing), not a selling point for a revised product.

I stand by my assertion that using the term “Vision” as a selling point for a headset with no improvement to visual fidelity, no new optics, no new displays or better resolution compared to the original model is disingenuous.

1 Like

Nah it’s just called Marketing

1 Like

Businesses are not allowed to make statements that are incorrect or likely to create a false impression.

This rule applies to their advertising, their product packaging, and any information provided to you by their staff or online shopping services. It also applies to any statements made by businesses in the media or online, such as testimonials on their websites or social media pages.

For example, businesses cannot make false claims about:

• the quality, style, model or history of a product or service
  • whether the goods are new
  • the sponsorship, performance characteristics, accessories, benefits or use of products and services
  • the availability of repair facilities or spare parts
  • the need for the goods or services
  • any exclusions on the goods and services.

It makes no difference whether the business intended to mislead you or not. If the overall impression left by a business’s advertisement, promotion, quotation, statement or other representation creates a misleading impression in your mind—such as to the price, value or the quality of any goods and services—then the behaviour is likely to breach the law.

(I don’t know what part about lying about updated controller design and optics constitutes “marketing” or “puffery” to you - it’s clearly false or misleading advertising.)

Except there is no 5k+ “Vision” you seem to be confused…

1 Like

I’ve been reading your posts, and to be quite frank, you’re being a little obnoxious. Just because Sweviver mentioned something about lenses and nothing has materialized doesn’t mean they have broken any promises.

3 Likes

See my above post shiny, its about false and/or misleading advertising which is not allowed.

lol generic isnt a staff member and was just compiling that list from watching the stream. Quoting someone who doesn’t work for Pimax does not prove your point.

That is, unless you can provide something FROM PIMAX, or a timestamp from the video where Martin or Kevin called the 5k+ “Vision” then you got nothing.

I really dont care about whatever else you are ranting about.

Well, you heard the expression before if you have nothing good to add don’t say anything at all?

I don’t care about your opinion on the matter I care about the consumer law and it being followed properly.

So your going to continue to lie then saying Pimax is calling the 5k+ Vision?

No I’ll continue posting in this thread as much as I want.

Martin mentioned that there will be a Vision 5k+. But I wouldn’t give too much on these names. Vision, Plus, Ultra 2 - whatever. Just have a look at what they offer, buy it if you like it. Don’t if you don’t. Everybody happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweviver didn’t say, “Yes we have new lenses planned for the new headsets.”. He said there is stuff regarding headsets he wishes to speak of but can’t. Nobody but you has a false impression of new lenses. Not to mention your false impression isn’t even a false impression at all. It’s just you making stuff up.

3 Likes

Stop falsely accusing me of spreading misinformation.

Oh, why look at this? Here’s proof Pimax does in fact include the 5K+ on the “vision” lineup.

In the Ruggedized edition…

And I originally asked for proof…that which you didnt provide so I called you out…

1 Like

This :+1: Lol thread reminds me of the good old days when people were accusing Pimax of being a scam and others threatening to sue over a kick starter :rofl:

People like You are the reason most companies make absolutely no statements at all…

When Pimax made no announcements people got angry too…

Kind of happy I work behind the scenes where I work… :grin:

1 Like

Its the Vision 5K+ Ruggedized edition. Keywords Ruggedized edition, meaning there is a Vision 5k+ as well.

How do you know that these lenses that Sweviver mentioned aren’t for another headset, or even a lens replacement addon?

1 Like

The personal attacks from Pimax apologists on this forum are unnacceptable, I have every right, along with everyone else, to feel upset and every legal right to ask for financial relief from damages caused by being mislead about information which informed my purchase.

Lesson for Pimax to learn to not go overhyping things and announcing things/vaporware which they never intended to release or produce.