Let's talk about 'Pimax Day' here

Missed the last 20-30 mins but thanks @glassy99 for covering it here :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

wireless, eye tracking (htc vive pro) or resolution 4k (wmr hp, acer)

Maybe. But it comes down to they should have made it $100 off coupon for Eyetracking. As they are committed.

Bad enough they’ve screwed up controller release by saying not doing a sense version of each. And now no nonsense even until maybe March?

No pimax has to maybe suckup some of their over zealous promisings.

8 Likes

of course they aren’t but you could sell it for less and the next buyer can do that calculation if they wanted if they don’t mind it being cracked. Have you looked on the stuff people sell on ebay? If I were you though, I would just keeping pushing pimax to replace it via warranty then upgrade and sell it through ebay.

2 Likes

No but possibly offering it below cost ain’t too shabby.

• Expensive eye tracking
  • $1300 for a HMD alone is quite expensive
  • No improved lenses
  • No word about dynamic distortion correction using the eye trackers
  • Open source for now a joke (just pitools itself is useless).
  • No shots through the lens that were promised.

3/10

11 Likes

As enthusiastic we are about the VR some PIMAX guys seem to be about their estimations on releases and stuff. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Im actually guessing if the 400 of us are lucky we can get our 8KX by Feb 2020.

3 Likes

Wonder what those guys are doing now who sold the whole package on Ebay promising to deliver when Pimax sends out the accessories, that will get some folks in trouble now… outsch

5 Likes

Here’s my tought:

I will keep the old 5k+, and don’t need coupons i dont wanna use, so use the two coupons for wireless and the step back from 8k, i like to get the promised LH and the index controllers, i would get the LH and controllers from Valve, without shipping costs. I like to recieve fan and the half complete low end hifi headstrap .After that, i can finally close this terrible story and play with my old design 5kplus till it breaks.
Fine for me.

3 Likes

A nice discount in respect would be $100 for backers & $299 for not. As @cdaked said Vive is $130us.

5 Likes

@SweViver
Thx Sweviver for the stream!! I know it is thx to you, we at least get some good deals as a make up for eye tracking rather than on pimax.

5 Likes

Thanks for the stream guys, I have been happy with the 5K+ and honestly could not ask for more… but you gave us that option if we want it. That was a pretty good presentation, PIMAX just needs to improve on its public profile and market visability, their value for money is fantastic and they offer the best consumer grade product.

9 Likes

Pimax Day 7/10 at least they gave us a lot of info. :sunglasses: and high prices too

3 Likes

1/10

The free eyetracking module scam is sue worthy. The lack of trade in program for at least 5k/8k backers is a HUGE let down for me. The 3 pieces of software are a let down. I didn’t have LH or controllers pending so i don’t care about that, , not interested either in hand tracking, and how fast they are making our hardware obsolete in barely a year with new headsets makes me annoyed.

8 Likes

but they improved them

2 Likes

Anything more than free was going to cause a backlash. We all wish we were there in the early kickstarter days to prevent a lot of this knowing that you can not count in 3rd party products but alas we have to do our best while still trying to exist.

1 Like

No, they did not. Same lenses as we already have them now.

2 Likes

@SweViver are the lenses in the new models same as before?

6 Likes

none headset has wide FOV like ours. That is a game changer. Not all is bad man. :wink:

1 Like