Woohoo! Pimax 8KX is happening!

Received my Kickstarter Loaner Return email today, thank you Pimax.

For those interested, to reply to Pimax was a simple cut n" paste process of the email,
Log-In into Pimax store, select a few pull down
menu items (provide headset serial number if possible- it’s on the original box) and then send your ‘support ticket message’ to Pimax.

The only possible confusing part was filling in…Address 1 (pick up) and Address 2 (destination), so I left Address 2 in, but blank for others to fill in.

2 Likes

My Method:

Login & click Support, on the bottom right there should be an clickable green icon that allows for Messages to be sent.

Copy/Paste the X Backer template from email and fill it out with the requested info.

2 Likes

Where does it say Address 1 = pickup, address 2 = destination?

Usually with online forms they have address line 1 and address line 2, then city, then county/state etc.
e.g. you might be Flat 1, 66 Baker Street, London would be;

Address1: Flat 1
Address 2: 66 Baker Street
City: London

Its all part of the same address, because Flat 1, London wouldn’t get them very far.

2 Likes

You have a famous neighbour!! :slight_smile:

Because address 1 on the email it says.

“Address 1: (This is your address where the loaner is located)”.

So logically, Address 2 (also on the email) will
be the destination address that Pimax will either
fill in on our returns label or tell US and we tell
the courier company we select.

I’m pretty willing to bet real money that its Address Line 1 and Address Line 2 and not the way you are reading it. Otherwise why list out City: Zip Code: etc. as separate lines, which would be different if they were pickup and destination. If you fill out the entire address in Address 1 then all those other fields are going to be empty and they clearly do want all of those filled in otherwise why put them on at all. It makes no sense.

Where as Address Line 1 and Address Line 2 feature on 99% of address forms I’ve ever filled in.

is it correct that the support page uses another login than the store page?

1 Like

Yeah I had that as well, in fact I’ve even created tickets in the last few months but I still had to create a new login for the support page to be able to create a ticket for this (and all my old tickets were missing).

Hi. I understand the reluctance to get into exact numbers, but could you please give me an idea if the upcoming 8kx shipments are for the original 8kx backers only? No preorder upgrade backers.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks. It’s a bit confusing with an old backer page(which is mostly defunct) a store page and now a support page. I guess I’ll start by trying to recover password on it, just in case the account exists.

Joeblackof - it’s X backers only at the moment.

3 Likes

You can insert extra lines for address as needed. Just please make sure the entire address is in there.

Also tell your neighbor at 221 B Baker Street hi for me, big fan.

5 Likes

Well, I will be moving of my current apartment at the end of July. My pre-order for the 8kX was made in January 20th.

What are the odds of shipment before July 20th. I assume none. How efficient is Pimax at updated new address? I dont want them shipping the headset to the wrong address. I ask because, Pimax is terrible at replying emails

3 Likes

Put the entire address in Address 1:? If so what is the point of filling in State, City, zip code etc?

I dont even live in London, it was just an example. 221b baker street also doesnt exist anyway.

1 Like

I suspect he just meant that the entire address should be in the form, not all in address line 1. I mean it’s a fairly standard setup.

1 Like

Yeah thats what I thought, but Navi seems to think we need to put the entire address in Address 1 and leave 2 blank because its the destination. On the face of it PimaxUSA seems to be agreeing with Navi, which is confusing.

Thank you for the reply. I completely understand. Hopefully we will be in the next phase. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I have a tracking number for my 8kX which says the label has been created. Says it’s pending shipping from Shenzhen. Also it says it’s due in by 10:30am tomorrow which I feel isn’t accurate. =)

9 Likes

Whats your backer number (to the nearest hundred?)

Thats odd. Even for the first shipments, its been said that the devices will undergo an additional set of tests following the addition of the SMAS, which itself doesn’t go into production until tomorrow.

1 Like