Woohoo! Pimax 8KX is happening!

That’s disappointing. Notice should have been given.

1 Like

With the Lighthouses/Controllers, I agree. That was a debacle, a real mistake. I think it’s pretty clear Pimax ended up stuck with pallets in places around they world they shouldn’t have been, and ended up with an overwhelming logistics nightmare as a result.

With the other items, I think there is a combination of typical minor issues, taking weeks to correct for instead of days, due to availability/shipping issues. When suppliers stop making things in the electronics industry, availability of anything popular evaporates almost instantly.

3 Likes

When I decided to not purchase the loaner it was still functional (well, sitting in its box). It broke down after having used it for one week recently… can you imagine how glad I am that I didn‘t purchase it ? It would be my piece of junk now; glad to hand it back to Pimax…

That would be a nice narrative - it was just completely run into the ground when we were casually told that Pimax managed to send out 436 (!!) sets of base stations in one single week while they can‘t organize the delivery of approx. 50 sets for backers since December 2019. WTF ?!

Come on, that was such a slap in the face, any excuses based on logistics challenges they could ever dream up died that second.

Well, as it was pointed out, even since they have started the admirable habit of providing weekly updates they have missed their targets by wide margins more than once. See all the base stations and Index controllers shipped to customers by mid of May ? Nope, another miss. So it is hit and miss.

We‘ll see who of the two of you is vindicated come 1st of July…

3 Likes

Face foam and prescription frame adapters has been years. As has the Fans. These items would not take the kind of delays that are maybe understandable as there is next to no dev time needed.

3 Likes

Good point. I think that just shows how few resources are available at Pimax. Unless maybe the CK and MAS were considered design prerequsites.

This is true, almost everyone at the company wears multiple hats. Right now X production, SMAS production prep and refinement of the DMAS has occupied almost everyone.

As these three items begin to move along smoothly more and more personnel will get slated with Sword related tasks as moving the Sword through the paces are the next big task.

13 Likes

When did Plan F close?
On the 31st of last month it was open and it’s still open on my side.
Pimax debited my account immediately.

1 Like

2 week’s ago update said it was closed. Sounds like they didn’t update the website.

3 Likes

Damn, it doesn’t look like my order should have went through +10 days later, ridiculous.

2 Likes

This is hardly the place to find out though. You didn’t get an email saying it’s not possible anymore?

The official post should be reliable. Just shows sometimes the booboo is in favor of the customer.

With the transaction completed they are now committed to this sale.

1 Like

Thats great news.
QA is probably the most important step to ensuring good customer experience. Once people are using a superior product, no one will mind how long it took, but receiving something defective after waiting so long… Thats a different animal :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have any 8kx backers received a tracking no or a email about returning their loaner yet ?

7 Likes

Big fat nope…

7 Likes

No email either, but it wouldn’t appear until Monday at the earliest as it’s the weekend. Personally, I’d expect it to take at least another week or more for emails to appear because…

If I recall correctly, loaned returned units won’t be getting emails all at once, but will more likely get a staggered form of email contact (depending on backer location and if this region has had a warehouse point organized yet).

It seems the last update on this, the plan was to try and first organise, then authorize backers to send their loaned headsets back to certain warehouses/collection points (e.g. within the EU) and then to save cost, these would all be shipped back to China - rather than backers sending them directly to Shanghai from their respective locations around the world.

If correct, this would explain past and current delays as it takes a lot of organizing and must be set up correctly before people start sending headsets back so they don’t end up in a depot, and potentially stolen, or (more common) returned to the sender, as there was confusion who keeps the parcel and for how long, until it finally ends up being sent back to Pimax.

2 Likes

Of course we haven‘t. We only asked for it since… a couple of months ago ??

Maybe something is actually happening?

This was in my inbox:

13 Likes

I received the same mail :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@PimaxQuorra

i received the same email
Are you sending that email at all Pimax 8K X backers ?
Asking because i do not have a loaner.
What have to do a backer without a loaner ?
I think nothing, but I thought to advice you that Pimax sent the email also to a 8K X backer without the loaner

6 Likes

Hello Fabrizio,

If you do not have the loaner unit, just fill up NO at the loaner unit column.
Other than that, if you have different shipping address, please update at the same time.

We need to collect information from all the 8KX backer.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

8 Likes