Woohoo! Pimax 8KX is happening!

How many units(8kx) are produced every day? @PimaxUSA

2 Likes
  1. I backed an early bird 8kX full package. Also, in the USA, so that might determine shipping stuff.

It says the shipment info has been received, and that itā€™s a two piece shipment. So technically itā€™s not shipped, but it will probably ship soon. Iā€™m not sure about the SMAS bit either.

• EDIT - Iā€™ve been informed that itā€™s my lighthouses, Not the 8kX. At least Iā€™ll have them when it shows up!
4 Likes

I have a loaner, but no emailā€¦ should we swap ? :rofl:

Well, I can see the instructions in the pictures in the thread so I will proceed with the procedure anywayā€¦

2 Likes

The email is for Pimax Lovers :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I, got it, so I should not swap but ratherā€¦ bendā€¦ :laughing:

Now with the loaner emails out and the French business connection revealed on the PiBlog, I have a feeling there is no new Pimax Event coming anymore

Are these expected to ship by post or courier? Asking because couriers usually can not ship to my PO box, just want to make sure thereā€™s not a problem.

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

2 Likes

This morning I received a second mail (without loaner information) - should we send again these information to you?

Dear 8KX Backers,

We are excited to announce Pimax 8KX headsetā€™s are in production and about to begin shipping. On behalf of the entire Pimax team we would like to thank you for all your feedback and endurance that allowed our flagship headset to become a reality!

Now that you are about to receive your 8KX know that we will always continue to turn your valuable feedback into new and exciting updates and improvements.

Visit https://store.pimaxvr.com and log in your account with your Kickstarter email.

Paste the following form into a message to us:

Backer No:
Name:
Address 1: (This is your address where the loaner is located.)
Address 2:
City:
State/Region:
Zip:
Phone:
Email:

If you are about to return the loaner unit to us, please refer to this post for the return program.

Portal - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset/posts/2859938

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Your Pimax Team.

edit: @PimaxQuorra

5 Likes

How exciting, finally got an email about returning my loaner. Canā€™t wait to get my hands on my 8KX after having this 5k+ loaner for so long now.

4 Likes

Hi! Should I find the ā€œsend messageā€ button somewhere on store.pimaxvr.com after Iā€™ve logged in? Or should I send the support ticket instead (with the loaner info) like at least one guy did that asked about ā€œsend messageā€ on Kickstarter?

I looked hard but I could only find the support ticket method to send a message, so thatā€™s what I did.
It has the extra benefit of being trackable.

2 Likes

Login to https://support.pimax.com/ to submit a ticket instead of sending a message. That is what I did.
The first email is for returning loaner. the Second email is to confirm 8KX shipping address. So I submit 2 tickets.

1 Like

Wait how do you confirm your 8KX shipping address by the way I didnā€™t receive any emails.

All my details look correct when I logged in, and I donā€™t have a loaner. Do I have to do something more?

BTW look at this:

Pimax REALLY doesnā€™t want you to have stretch goals.

1 Like

Update 9th June - Loaner Return process for 8K-X 8K-X backers

Received my external box shipping labels today from Pimax by email. Also included was a simple form to print and fill in digitally or by hand you must place inside the box.

As requested I emailed Pimax back images of the loaner 8K headset Iā€™m returning all packed up neatly (had to open box) as proof Iā€™m not mailing back an empty box.

Simply printed off the attached PDF shipping documents onto A4, cut to size, and sellotaped onto box. The shipping label email arrived soon after sending the Pimax support ticket.

All Iā€™ve got to do now is figure out how to contact the address here in the UK as Pimax requested me to, and ask them to collect the package.

The parcel is shipped domestically to a local hub and then onto China from there. We donā€™t ship directly back to China this time, at least not in UK.

Once Iā€™ve physically sent it off, Iā€™ll post another update on how this was achieved.

7 Likes

June 10th here they said they wonā€™t provide Labels for me here and no one is giving me the address I need to ship to my 5K+ loaner is already packed up and ready to go.

SEND ME MY X!

2 Likes

Weird way of determining proof. I mean, couldnā€™t you just take a picture then remove the contents?

2 Likes

Honestly why send the empty box when Iā€™m still paying for shipping on the empty box. Makes no damn sense.

1 Like

I just want my 8KX without having to RMA it.

3 Likes

Just google ā€œups collectionā€ and thereā€™s a webform to fill in using the tracking number on the label you printed (so it checks thereā€™s nothing to pay).

1 Like