Why were new lenses not discussed?

Sweviver intentionally or unintentionally discreetly confirmed the existence of new lenses in development. Having regard to his below comment - if the lenses were still the same then there would be no reason Sweviver could not talk about them.

Why were the new lenses not discussed in Pimax day 2 if they are an item subject to development? Maybe they’re too early on in development to be shown? That doesn’t make sense if the preorder dates for the vision models have been given already.

I think you read that wrong :slight_smile: There are no new lenses. If they changed them it would be the no1 talking point

1 Like

Every corporation has something in development, discussing things that may or may not go in production is harmful to the sales of the current products simple as that… but you can bet that if pimax continue and thrive with the new series of headsets, new lenses and OLED panel will be available somewhere in the near future ( 1 to 1,5 years)

4 Likes

About new lenses, i have heard something…

They have a new lenses in develop, but probably not to be use in the 8k+ / 8kx ( because is not in the ‘pimax day 2’ )…

Incredible Big Lenses with Bigger Fov.

1 Like

Maybe they’ll let people buy the new headsets and then release some headsets with better lenses in about 6 months and offer a whole new “upgrade” deal.

4 Likes

Shady and Pimax will lose a lot of reputation if thats true. Its possible new lenses are just not ready yet in time as unfortunate for Pimax’s reputation in the future when they are released and for backers who purchase now if true.

If Pimax pulls off a full rgb oled 8K without fresnel lenses I don’t even care if it costs $1300-1500 I’ll buy it.

If its not full rgb though it would have similar PPD to the 5K+. I might pay $1300 for a pentile 8K oled if it had non fresnel lenses but no more than that.

Maybe in future, they let people upgrade and replace lenses.

not good enough - the new “vision” headsets need new optics to be called “vision”. After all, 5K+ “Vision” has the same screen and resolution as the standard 5K+, so what’s really different about it besides housing improvements?

Nothing “Visionary” and nothing to do with new optics.

Because new lenses was a presumption & not confirmed.