Who has stable LH 2.0 tracking on 8Kx 😀

same jitter issue here with a pair of valve 2.0 BS that I was using with the exact setup as my 5K+ which had zero jitter. The only change was plugging in 8KX. I noticed it immediately and thought I needed to redo roomscale setup which I did and no change.

1 Like

It’s amazing how bad the QC is, I mean this many 8Kx’s with the same tracking jitter issue.
Mine has been sent of for RMA.
It will be really interesting to see if the replacement 8Kx is any better. I really hope it is, because being back with my 5K+ leaves a lot to be desired resolution wise :grin:
It should be here within 3 weeks I guess.
They needed to ship a batch to France before shipping it off to me.

3 Likes

Yep and the last thing I want to do right now is RMA and wait months for potentially the same issue in another HMD so I’ll holdout for hopefully a software or firmware fix “soon”.

I had jitter on OG 8K (LH 1.0 * 2 pcs).

8KX Has the same jitter, maybe even stronger (LH 2.0 * 2 pcs).
I noticed it almost immediately.

My average best score after several tests:

For comparison, Quest 2:

3 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/8kx-jitters-badly-while-using-lighthouse-tracking/31792/44?u=rocketscott

1 Like

Same problem…
Pimax 8kX
Firmware 2.1.255.292
Pitool Version 1.0.2.084

LH 2.0 Steam VR

Video 1

Video 2

I haved update my LH 2.0 with my old vive and I haved try with LH 1.0 same problem too.

No solution yet?

@Heliosurge @MrAhlefeld @Doman.Chen @Alex.liu

2 Likes

Hello Majins

I am currently waiting for an RMA replacement of my defect 8KX, that I have shipped off to France as per Pimax’s request.

I have requested to receive an 8KX that has been fully tested before it’s shipped out (I doubt that will happen)
But who knows, I might be surprised :laughing:

3 Likes

I haven’t heard anything myself. I did add Akex.liu to your post.

2 Likes

I had the same problem with my 8kx and LH1.0. A firmware update from the support employee Doman Cham solved the issue. However, I have not yet tried the LH2.0 from the backerbox.

3 Likes

Hi WKrs

Did it really solve the issue, or did it bring it down to what you would accept as tolerable levels ?

Do you own any other HMD’s with LH tracking ?

1 Like

Yes, the jitter has been resolved, at least I can’t see it any more. In addition, I had quite a few drifts that were even worse than the jitter, because it caused nausea. Now the drifts only exists in a few situations.

I have a OG Vive and a 5K+, which is recently died. Had no tracking problems with either

2 Likes

What did he do?

@Doman.Chen

1 Like

He flashed a special tracking firmware.

2 Likes

Do we have to go through him?

@Doman.Chen

1 Like

As long as the firmware is not officially released, I think so. I can recommend him, he does his job really well and he answers very quickly :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Did he say it was a special tracking firmware ?

3 Likes

Sort of related unrelated - I have jitter on the Index controllers tracking, while I don’t get that, if I use the same controllers & BS with the Index.

Any ideas ?

2 Likes

It could be because of the headset jitter, or more precisely, because the whole system recalibrates online to accommodate the headset jitter. This would make the otherwise non moving controllers jitter.

3 Likes

I think he said a newer tracking firmware. With “special” I meant a firmware only for tracking. Not the normal firmware for the HMD that everyone can flash themselves.

2 Likes

OK then it’s the same procedure he makes for everyone who creates a ticket for tracking issues.
Glad it helped out your issues with your tracking, but unfortunately it’s not a universal fix :pleading_face:

2 Likes