Weekly Update June 11th Discussion

So unprofessional. Customers have been waiting 6 months to 2 years past the dates they were told their products would ship out, its completely justified that they have grievances. You could at least pretend to be a COO and reply in a professional and polite manner instead of taking every opportunity to be sarcastic and obstreperous.

5 Likes

Hi Alonzo

Congrats on purchasing the Artisan. Atm it might be too soon for an estimate when SMAS/DMAS will have regular availability. As they still need to fullfil Backers and pre orders from 2018 and 8kX.

@PimaxQuorra might be able to give a guestimate.

My guess? Likely available early 2021. There are however some 3dprinter adapters to use original Vive DAS and the Vive Pro strap(which seems to be what the MAS was based on) a fellow member here has posted a link where you might still be able to buy the Vive pro Strap without Audio for $45 US and had links for some headphones to attach.

Here is a link to @ShawnMayer topic

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-artisan-with-vive-pro-strap/27721?u=heliosurge

3 Likes

They are sending in batches as well, dont expect a first made 8kx to go out of table right away to the customer.

1 Like

Caution on that Webshop, I have yet to receive my strap ordered close to a month ago. In all fairness it appears stuck at a Chinese airport since May 16th but Iā€™m still without product.

2 Likes

unnamed

On a serious note, Iā€™m sure @PimaxUSA is just frustrated with the constant negative posts regarding the 8KX release. Weā€™re all frustrated as well and just want the device in our hands. We also know thereā€™s a ton of hard work going on behind the scenes to make this happen. Soon enough thatā€™ll be a reality and hopefully turn into a bunch of positive posts from happy owners.

10 Likes

Any news on when the upgrade program headset would be shipped? I dont think iā€™ve read any mention on this

2 Likes

After all the 8KXs for original backers being shipped, upgrade plans and preorders will be shipped in sequence of order date.

8 Likes

Thanks for updating your status on not receiving the Vive Pro strap yet.

Should though some X Backers seem to be having trouble getting a simple loaner return address. So it seems likely the que may not be followed in order.

2 Likes

Day 4. My ticket has no reply. Pimax still refusing to tell me where to ship my loaner back.

4 Likes

Can you please check your inbox?

1 Like

Just did Just for you. Nothing. BIG FAT NOTHING.

4 Likes

There are no certain date for step 1, so itā€™s safe to say there is no date for step 2 either. I figured that out all by myself.

3 Likes

If its any consolation, UPS picked up my loaner on Tuesday saying they would deliver it to them on Wednesday, it was loaded on to a van wednesday morning at 5am and has not updated since, its just vanished.

1 Like

Hello,
I use google translation,
I am a kickstarter backer of the full 8k pack and I would like to know if pimax will send the LH base stations automatically in the future as for headset in the past or if we have to make necessarily a request to receive them

Thanks you

2 Likes

You can receive Lighthouses ahead of controllers by a support ticket requesting them.

2 Likes

but I want to avoid customs taxes. I live in France, and pimax apparently will store these products in a warehouse in France to ship from France. is it correct ?
if yes, then I prefer to wait for the LH to be shipped from France to avoid customs.

1 Like

Then youā€™ll be waiting forever, the only people who have receievd their lighthouses are those that have finally caved in and paid for shipping from shanghai, they stopped doing local delivery quite a while ago.

4 Likes

Where are the Sword Sense Controllers? I made a deposit more than a year ago. In the meantime they have disappeared from the homepage and thatā€™s it?

4 Likes

Day 5. Still reply to my Ticket. Still no address to send my loaner.

@PimaxQuorra

2 Likes