Weekly Update June 11th Discussion

Honestly, I wouldn’t be worried at all yet although I appreciate it’s frustrating to be behind other 8K-
backers who had an almost immediate response.

However, in the grander scheme of things, a few days waiting after waiting approaching 3 years, isn’t an issue.

I wouldn’t take it to heart, and try and remain positive. For example, it’s the weekend in China - ahead of you in time zone, so 3 days wait
so far (weekends aren’t working days).

Hopefully next week you’ll get a reply, but they may be trying to find a local warehouse point in your own country to mail the headset to (before then shipping to China) and cannot reply until the answer is known.

People like myself likely got a faster reply as distribution points were already set up in our respective countries. Our countries may also be more business networked with better transport and mail system (courier) links if in major European cities, for example.

4 Likes

From what I can gather from past messages on the forum by Kevin (Pimax USA) Sword Sense is coming once Kickstarter 8K-X headsets (and maybe others?) have all been delivered and there’s physically enough employees at Pimax to be able to focus on the hand controller design, testing and production.

I have no idea of the time scale, so don’t quote me, but I’m guessing it might be 6 months or more until Sword Sense is ready for delivery.

6 Likes

I live about 7hrs away from Shanghai.

I’m sure they can ship to me if they really try hard enough.

5 Likes

Day 6, No response. No emails.

Will Pimax actually allow me to ship my loaner back? Stay tuned.

7 Likes

Smh. Do they check their emails? Then again I’m still waiting since January for my replacement cable… So slow :frowning:

Can’t remember what VR is like anymore :’(

2 Likes

Try using the Support case system. Pimax seems to have problems with emails. Also, it’s possible a reply wound up in your spam folder. I’ve found more than a few Pimax emails which have been placed there.

2 Likes

Yes, I also some times used to bump up the message via the store/Shop/Support Site.
In general if you placed a a ticket you can see the chat in the store/support also. So if you email and its not in there, they did not get it. If they did, just Message via the web page again. Normally they where rather fast, some periods a bit sluggish but I guess no wonder in the corona time. The last thing I did is just a couple weeks old and I always had fast responses. You might also use the new Chat on Site (I have not tried it) but it was supposed to be (advertised) with fast response times.

I also had to redo my password for the new page (worked on the old, but it seems the new page was not able to query the PW until I redid it.
And if that does not work, you might want to PM via Forum.

1 Like

Forum posting and tickets did get attention, however the cable has been stuck in an airport in China I think, for some weeks now…

1 Like

What’s crazy is that a customer had to develop a 10 point response system to get support.

“If you don’t get an answer through support, try this.
If that doesn’t work, try this.
If that doesn’t work, sometimes this does.
If that doesn’t work, a few people have had luck doing this.”
And on and on. I will say that is nice work by the customer. Well done! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I too think I have a cable stuck in an airport since 5/24…

3 Likes

I mailed back my loaner and sent Pimax the tracking no. .

Now they can kindly send me my X. Thanks!

10 Likes

I have my LH stuck somewhere in China since 12 May…(Despatch from Sorting Centre)

@PimaxQuorra is there any updates on the items stuck at the airport waiting for delivery?

2 Likes

China has a new virus outbreak.
It might effect production/delivery?

Likely Beijing is just going to be a containment zone.

Anywhere else I can get a cable? 6 months without a headset is boring… Shame I can’t get an index :frowning:

1 Like

Pimax needs to open a cable shop.

2 Likes

I bought one from this company which ships from France, and only took a week to deliver to UK when the cable I ordered from Pimax directly took over 40 days to be delivered - https://immersive-display.com/en/pimax/584-pimax-2-in-1-cable.html

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.