Weekly Update June 11th Discussion

In theory if pimax does indeed keep with what they have said. After 8kX backers they had said Backers whom took those trade off deals would come before Pre Orders of the 8kX.

Imho the flow should go something like this.

1. 8kX Backers with MAS while sending some MASes out to backers whom stayed the course.
  2. Backers whom took the trade offs to get 8kX while ensuring that Other Backers are looked after and resolving 2018 pre order MAS.
  3. While finishing remainder Backers and 2018 pre orders start shipping 8kXes to 2019 Pre Order 8kX customers.

Then open up 8kX orders to other distribution channels. However Backers and 2018 pre orders need to be resolved prior to number 3 especially since these folks are mostly now without a headset warranty due to overzealous dates leading to Tardy releases. I for one will not be happy if I discover SteamVR tracking id broken in the headset after receiving what I pledged for that is needed to test functionality. If I am told sorry warranty is expired. When I ordered 2 full packages with the idea of warranty being united by delivery of all items that were advertised as being within 6 months released of the headset.

3 Likes

If you have a support email; try the link in that email. Top left. Might be in chinese.

2 Likes

I have an support conversation about my upgrade plan order.
But that link does open just the sopport ticket conversation without logging in…

1 Like

That is how I have usually accessed my support account. Does it not allow you to create anything new?

If so then definitely something wrong in the Odoo support system.

I did not try to do a new account. Why should i? There should be already an account on my address. Both in the forum, in the shop and in the support.
I wait for pimax support answer. Maybe it is the thing to do. We will see.
Thanks.

1 Like

I wasn’t suggesting making a new account. Sorry I should have been more clear. On New was just confirming that the email link was only allowing you to view your previous ticket and not giving you an option to create a new ticket.

Hopefully @PimaxQuorra can look into your support account. If you haven’t yet might be an idea to send him a pm with some details. Odoo seems to be still causing issues for some.

FYI nowhere in the update do we say there is any issues with the SMAS.

The quality control issue was with the new thin foam for the comfort kit as most of them that were received didn’t perfectly fit the facial cowling.

Because the SMAS is a new line that just began producing only 1 day ago it’s just not fast yet. That takes a lot of repetition and practice.

6 Likes

Weekly update said SMAS was not ready to pair with the 8KX headsets yet. When is the first shipment going to happen? The delays never seem to end. Always a new problem.

They are being built independently in batches, it’s nothing to do with some sort of issue. Nowhere did we say they are not ready to pair that is your own addition.

They could be paired but a new production line only 1 day old just isn’t particularly fast yet.

4 Likes

Okay, and how long will it take to fix the thin foam of the comfort kit? How long will it take for SMAS production to catch up to 8K-X production?

1 Like

PimaxQuorra said it in the update

8KX headsets are being produced in 3 batches. We are currently working on batch #2 but the devices have not yet been paired with the SMAS.

Wow - you realize “not ready” and “not yet” have completely different meanings right? Not ready means there is some technical reason which is totally your own invention.

5 Likes

Fair enough. Please answer my other post.

All it takes is for you to produce ONE SMAS to make the first 8K-X shipment to a backer and you haven’t done that yet. At least one shipment would be proof Pimax is on the right track.

3 Likes

Slightly off topic but what are the qualifications for a leader badge?

4 Likes

Hi there. Non-backer here, just purchased an Artisan on eBay from a fellow Canadian. If I wanted to order a SMAS or DMAS (and I do!) when/how is that likely to happen? Will they be available for order from the Pimax website once backer bundles have been fulfilled?

Thanks, just trying to get a sense of “wait, or get an overpriced DAS and some 3D printed attachments, or just use the default soft strap.”

1 Like

It’s not just a badge. It’s basically an assistant moderator function. I’m not sure if there are any specific qualifications. It’s more a matter of trust, responsibility, and willingness to help the forum run smoothly.

I’m actually a Leader (click my avatar icon), but Backer takes precedence. Since you’re also a Backer, the only way you could display a Leader badge would be to drop Backer. I’m not even sure that’s possible.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Of course I’m happy to contribute to the forum, also with the Backer badge.
I just saw that your badge was changed to Backer again. Welcome back :wink:

3 Likes

Honestly, the fact that Pimax can’t say that they have produced even 1 8KX with any certainty inspires absolutely no confidence.

4 Likes

It’s all relative by now. And very entertaining, in a dark, twisted way.

1 Like

Well, it’s something. It might be nothing new but it’s better than nothing. The nothing really makes you wonder what’s wrong because Pimax always tries to celebrate every minor achievement.