Weekly Update June 11th Discussion

https://community.openmr.ai/t/weekly-update-11th-june-2020/28487?u=mrscopi

Discuss here!

Thanks again for the update @PimaxQuorra, my question is whether or not those SMAS shown are all slated for X backers only? I couldn’t quite parse the update language.

8 Likes

@PimaxQuorra Would it be possible to know how many headsets each batch represents ?

2 Likes

Hello,

The SMAS pictures are all slated for our 8KX backers, after we fulfilled the 8KX backers, only we will send out to our users.

But the production is going on, so it wouldn’t be a problem for other users too.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

6 Likes

I’m guessing what was meant here but there’s a typo (please correct if wrong):

“These SMAS shown here are all and ones already produced are reserved for the 8KX.”

All these SMAS shown here, and all ones already produced, are reserved for the 8KX.

5 Likes

OR you purchased using Plan G please update

So exactly which was “Plan G”?

I hope the thin foam not meeting the desired quality wont hold up shipping times :expressionless:

7 Likes

We know that X’s are going out regardless of SMAS at the start. Only once the SMAS is ready will they start being bundled with X’s.

Thanks PQ for the clarification, I agree with Octofox’s read on it.

@PimaxQuorra, at current production capacity, how long is it expected to fulfill all SMAS-for-backers orders? (Roughly 6500 SMAS)

5 Likes

Yes please, would like to know about that too :+1:

2 Likes

8KX headsets are being produced in 3 batches. We are currently working on batch #2 but the devices have not yet been paired with the SMAS.

As previously noted none of these devices will be shipped without the SMAS. One small note is the new thin extra foam had some small issues to be resolved and only a small number of these were of satisfactory quality.

The delays never end with Pimax. They will use the SMAS as an excuse, but I bet it’s probably an issue with their 8KX production.

3 Likes

are you really okay with the same stuff from the past 3 weeks regurgitated with a new date slapped on it??

Thats not true at all according to this quote-

"As previously noted NONE of these devices will be shipped without the SMAS. "

And my post you responded to was referring to the thin face mask not the smas…

@PimaxQuorra

Can I finally get the address I need to ship my loaner unit to Pimax since I live outside the EU/US/Japan and don’t need the return label.

The amount of non-answers from this update is staggering.

Is 3 Batches = 400 backer units?

How many in each batch?

4 Likes

I hope this means those with stretch goals would be 2nd? Can you offer a timeline for those SMAS and the other items?

3 Likes

You are absolutely correct, I completely misread that. Thank you for pointing it out.

So both CK AND SMAS are having production issues? Ouch.

3 Likes

Can we have an update on backers SMAS that didn’t back the 8kX?

To be clear all backers will be sent SMAS/DMAS(upgraded) prior to pre orders of 8kX? To keep with og promise of backers first?

4 Likes

Eye tracking pre-order process for backers?

H. Can anyone possibly remember if backers can pre-order/purchase the Eye Tracking module by sending Pimax support a ‘ticket’, like they can with the DMAS?

I’ve forgotten how far backers got with being able to order the Eye Tracking Module. Wasn’t it originally free for 1 module on 2017 Kickstarter stretch goals, but the final design required two modules not 1?

Consequently, for a pair (2 modules) in a past Pimax Day event, Kevin (Pimax USA) explained backers would now need to pay an additional $99 for the Eye Tracking Module? (Reduced from $149 for non-backers). My apologies if I have the pricing incorrect.

I think that’s about right, but to my knowledge, backers never made any more progress with being able to pre-order the Eye Tracking Module.

It would be nice to know the process of how backers can obtain this as early as possible and also if Eye Tracking Module can be used with Hand Tracking Module, or do we need to physically detach one module first due to micro-USB power constraints etc.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Originally in PD 1 it was $199(now the non backer price) with excuse that it was one eye🙄(they should have stuck with it cost more to develop). And said the 199 was below cost. Now Backer price of $99. Matthew.xu was assisting myself and likely others to apply to receive early model for testing(originally supposed to happen in Dec 2019) but as we know this target was missed.

But agreed it would be nice to get the Eyetracking module paid for so when ready we backers can receive.

In theory we are supposed to be able to run 2 modules. There is a usb-c port on the bottom and the top below the top strap.

2 Likes

Yeah while that does hold true, what about Backer Upgraders who forfeited their stretch goals ?
They where supposed to have recieved a MAS, and they will but that’s because it’s attached to their shiny new 8K X or 8K+

Myself I really don’t care as long as my 8K X’s get here within the next few months (hopefully earlier)

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra your online database is messed up. I should be able to log in with my email and pw but i can not. On both log ins it is not working. If i press „send pw“ it states that there is no account with my email…
I am backer 212 from Austria who purchased Plan G (Order SO12504 from 17.2.2020) and should soon receive two 8kX from pimax. One 8kX early bird and one 8kX full bundle (upgrade from 8k bundle with Plan D inkl. DMAS Order SO11786 from 30.1.2020).

Would be great if someone would take care about your mess…

Thank you!

Pimax Weekly Update June 19th: We’ve discovered a teeny tiny issue with the SMAS. Only a teeny tiny amount of SMAS are of satisfactory quality. We will not ship the 8KX until it has been attached to SMAS.

Pimax Weekly Update June 26th: We’ve discovered a microscopic issue with the SMAS. Only a microscopic amount of SMAS are of satisfactory quality. We will not ship the 8KX until it has been attached to SMAS.

Pimax Weekly Update July 3th: We’ve shipped 30 units of 8KX and are ramping up production soon.

Pimax Weekly Update July 10th: We’ve shipped an additional 100 units. 270 more to go. Pre-order customers will receive their headset in December.

8 Likes