USB 3.0 Eye Tracking Module Setup

I’m not sure at the moment. The devices should exactly be the same. The only difference are 8k is upscaled and 5/+ not because of different panels.

1 Like

A lot of Good usb2 cables can also handle 3.0 rate.

Thinks it’s the best solution for now ;-( maybe with some optimization later. But Artisan, 5K+,8K+, 5K+,120hz I think will be obsolete real soon and pimax will put much effort on the 8KX and variant to stay competitive

1 Like

Yes I know but just saying that if you compare other Kickstarter projects to the 8K/5K+ KS Pimax reached his goal and that the optional module don’t work great 2 years after is difficult to debate for compensation…

what is there to discuss if someone with false statements reaches “his” goal and the supporter does not.

Assuming that the Vision version of the 5k and 8k do use USB3? I don’t see any other way the 5k and the 8k we know by now can be obsolete any time soon.

Yes, most were catched for preorder by nice marketing. I will follow the forum to see what’s next before I buy anything.

When I connect the old Leap Motion Controller to my 5K+ via the bottom USB-c port I get this FPS readings in the Leap Motion Diagnostic Visualizer:

When I connect the LeapMotion Controller to the same USB port (USB 3.1 Gen 2 card connected via PCIe 3.0 4x) as the 5K+ of my PC I get the same FPS readings.

On a different USB port (USB 3.0 on a StarTech card connected via PCIe 3.0 4x) I get slightly better FPS readings:

At least the old Leap Motion device is not limited by the USB 2.0 hub. However if the ET is running at the same time I’m pretty sure that we will see lower FPS readings.
BTW: I got an error connecting the Leap Motion to my 5K XR. Don’t know yet was this is about.

5 Likes

Great! Thanks!

But to be a real test you should also used 2x 640x400 web cam on the same USB2 or USB3 HUB and see if performance is altered if both module ET+HT are connected…

1 Like

Which mode are u using? I am not familiar with the device.

1 Like

If you nearly don’t move your eyes you don’t need DFR, with FFR is just fine. 30hz is too low. The only solution for us is to buy a long usb3.0 cable to have more hz. They knew, custormers didn’t.

4 Likes

Oufff. last time a used FFR on my Pimax, even on the low setting it’s not usable. Does anybody can keep their eyes so immobile?

1 Like

I mean that the goal for DFR is to look everywhere and don’t see less resolution if you are going to have delay then… buy a cable for the eyetracking so that you get more hz.

I’m using the normal mode of the LeapMotion Controller. There is also a robust mode which is for lower spec machines that is supposed to consume less bandwidth and less compute power but this one comes with a tradeoff regarding tracking accuracy.

This one?

1 Like

Well it is an usb 2.0 device (see the picture lucivr published), and not as resource hungry as the Eye Tracker. :slight_smile:

I / we don’t know which device it is.
the specs belong to a device when USB 3.0 was just new. would also be announced with 3.0 but could only be launched as 2.0.
Edit:
but no secret would be made of it :wink:

and for VR just below in the same document:
Minimum system requirements (VR) : … 3x USB 3.0 port …

Also the OEM VR module has greater FOV probably greater definition requirement albeit more band pass need.

Also hand movement in desktop mode are limited not in VR…

While our PC peripheral remains unrivaled at 140×120 degrees, we’ve found in virtual reality there is reason to go even further. So we’ve built our next-generation system with the absolute maximum field of view that a single sensor can support on a VR headset, which is 180×180 degrees.

probably 2x more pixel … (120140)/(180180) 640x400 image?

1 Like

I was aiming at something else. @MR-Alex what software are u using? Maybe there is room for more.
I think I found it myself. 4.0.0

2 Likes

A 50 degree eye movement isn’t that small, not really comparable to no movement at all with FFR. Also you can control the strength of the effect.

In the next version of Pitool the plan is to enhance the descriptions of the different FFR and DFR modes to better explain each setting.

4 Likes