USB 3.0 Eye Tracking Module Setup

Thank you miracle is great having folks like yourself to help consumers!

:pi_thumbsup:

1 Like

Seriously joke?

If it need to use more cable to make the eye tracking work, I think I will donā€™t use it. It is more heavier.

I try test this solution, and it still not work.
I ever used the bottom usb on the 8k+ and it not regocnize the ET.

1 Like

At present, the USB3.0 interface of 8Kx cannot use eye tracking. The problem is being solved, and 120Hz should be available after that.

11 Likes

There are people who definitely try stretch the nerves to the utmost, but i couldnā€™t help but remember this scene from Skyrim VR. Imagining Heliosurge as the Ork and someone obviously playing on a different level.

3 Likes

Can we just get a new main cable with integrated USB 3.0 cable for Pimax modules?

10 Likes

Is this true at this point?
I need to stop the test immediately.

2 Likes

Agreed perhaps an adapter usb3 hub adapter plate with the a new all in one cable(with extra usb 3 pc connection cable) for pimax headsets with only usb 2. And a cable for 8kX(as different main cable) with additional usb 3 cable at both pc and headset connection for modules; this would also add back the missing top port if/when pimax resolves usb 3 controller in tye headset.

@Miracle can you present this idea to the team please?

3 Likes

Thank you for providing a clear answer that matches what majority of consumers seem to be reporting of the ET not working well.

6 Likes

This is already being used as an alternative, but we want to get to the bottom of the problem.

4 Likes

so you are saying the problem is with the firmware/software and the team is looking to get this problem resolved, we will hold you to your word you know that right? =) you know aquaman right? his favourite weapon will be ready if you are not :joy:

2 Likes

Even if you get there you canā€™t remove a cumbersome cable to connect the eye trackers to the bottom of the 8KX or PC. New all in one cable should be considered as the best way to improve Pimax experience, not alternative.

6 Likes

You also canā€™t use the eye tracker at the same time as the hand tracker on the 8kx which is another reason for Pimax to move forward with an all in one cable for all headsets.

4 Likes

Agree itā€™s a good idea, since I assume from all thatā€™s been said everything prior to X doesnā€™t have USB3 capability as originally thought, unless thatā€™s just the cable? Also those with the X are having to use the underneath slot that isnā€™t ideal for some, such as those intending to use the handtracker. Hope they can find a way to integrate a breakout usb3 connection with new all in one cables in time with support for ALL models of HMD.

6 Likes

The quest cable as suggested by a consumer is not an all in one cable. It is a meanwhile workaround that requires zip tying/taping an extra cable to the all in one cable.

2 Likes

Iā€™d prefer a guide for the guys from KS days with a majority of 5k+ and 8k users that pledged for the ET years ago. These are those without the 118Hz btw. But the priorities were well described and clear to me now.

1 Like

What is the bottom of the problem?

please donā€™t forget to inform the forum and the backers about hardware changes and share your knowledge! read the kickstarter rules again. donā€™t look at every penny, pay attention to quality then it will be good and we will buy it with a laugh.

1 Like

This is similar to one of our current solutions, where an additional 5m long cable connects the eye tracker to the computer.

1 Like

This ā€œsolutionā€ is a workaround.

4 Likes

This. Pleaseā€¦ :+1: :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

So no hope of eye tracking and wireless together? Or will wireless provide enough bandwidth for both?

1 Like