USB 3.0 Eye Tracking Module Setup

Ok, thanks. Do you anticipate that with optimisation the indirect connection will be able to get closer to 118Hz than 35 Hz? Say over 85 Hz?

Can the ET exist on both ports at the same time? If I unplug it from the top, does it just flop around there?

I did test it for my self and its terrible. Iā€™m not ā€œdarting my eyes around the roomā€ Iā€™m slowly looking from one side to the other and there is SIGNIFICANT lag before the dfr catches up. Its extremely distracting and unusable.

8 Likes

It must be having trouble pinpointing your pupil. Not my experience.

1 Like

Looks like you need help with customer communication againā€¦ maybe try ā€œSorry to see youā€™re having problems. Iā€™ve not seen this happen for me and in our testing, I can get one of our techies to get in touch to try and help solve why youā€™re having issues.ā€

Seems a much better approach thanā€¦ works for me, must be you!

18 Likes

No formulation of words exists that would satisfy either of you.

How do you know without trying to be helpful? Instead of continuing to be abrasive to customers regularly.

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxVR @Miracle can you help @zuiquan1 as @spamenigma suggested?

14 Likes

All of his hot takes are hostile. Just like yours, if I said water was wet you would respond with a diatribe on steam and ice.

You donā€™t even try kevin. It is too bad that you donā€™t share Robin and Nordicā€™s desire to improve

@zuiquan1 or @spamenigma posts are neither hostile.

Maybe @7invensun-JC might also be willing to assist with their product.

15 Likes

Actually there is, something along the lines of being decent with people. For some reason you forget we are paying customers and forget to talk properly to many of us and instead on many occasions have been passive aggressive or down right hostile to people.

Once again your tone is way off where it should be on this matter, especially considering a number of details have come to light that are not what were originally suggested, and people need help and clarity on it, not brush offs and deflections.

15 Likes

well, some ppl had some pretty bad attitude towards @PimaxUSA and had said some nasty things in the past, AS WELL, it takes 2 to tango. why are we dwelling in the past?

for what itā€™s worth @PimaxUSA had only said he did not have the same experience, maybe he really did not.

Is it worth clutter the topic up with garbage? can we just drop the past and focus on topics that actually help pimax users?

8 Likes

Indeed.

FYI FWIW the team and myself spent most of the day working on a very comprehensive guide on the Eye Tracking Module which hopefully we will be able to release in the next few days.

Step 1 was the mini guide for the 118Hz usb 3.0 mode and using the diagnostic software that we released this morning.

2 Likes

If he would stop treating consumers poorly no one would bring it up.

As you said I would prefer not to quote all the past actions.

Quorra and other pimax reps would at least try to help by suggesting a tech assist the consumer.

7 Likes

Only you and spam made any judgements. My comment was very simple, didnā€™t have same experience and it might be having trouble identifying his pupil. Very simple, no judgements.

I donā€™t have a TypeC cable, so Iā€™m using an 8KX USB port.
AMCap recognizes Droolon P1, but I canā€™t see the Preview command.
No images or settings are displayed and the ET LED does not light.

When AMCap first started, Droolon P1 was not recognized by the app and an error was displayed.
I needed to unlock it because the camera privacy of Windows 10 was blocking it.
I think this should be added to the procedure.

6 Likes

This you directed @spamenigma and @zuiquan1. I had said nothing before this seemingly passive aggressive post. Care to explain this?

3 Likes

Yeah letā€™s all try to be abit more forgiving and caring so we can have a better pimax community together. Itā€™s only good and benefits everyone here. Since some of us may be using the pimax headsets for a good while we should make this place a better place to stay.

7 Likes

That is why @PimaxQuorra is one of the best pimax reps to get help with. They have recently added more helpful team members like @Miracle and @hammerhead_gal.

5 Likes

I feel like Iā€™ve been attacked in this thread when I made one simple comment. One that is reflected by MULTIPLE people on this forum. I dont feel very comfortable that someone in such a high position has typecasted me as a troll. Iā€™ve decided to file an official complaint with Pimax about this.

Moving on thoughā€¦

The accuracy of the eye tracker has nothing to do with my comment. The dfr follows my eyes pretty closeā€¦I look left it moves to the left, I lool right it moves to the right, same with up down etc.

The issue with the eye tracker is how ungodly slow it moves to match with my eyes. I am not darting around trying to ā€œbeatā€ the eye tracker I am playing normally. Casually looking to the left and right. Ive counted up to a second before the dfr space moves to match my vision.

11 Likes

Iā€™ll check this post carefully and reply later. Thank you

4 Likes