USB 3.0 Eye Tracking Module Setup

I have an RTX card, but I never used FFR. Is there a list of games that support FFR?

I don’t know to be honest. I believe it has to do with Variable Rate Shading. I think someone may have posted a list at one time.

I bought a USB 3.0 5 meter cable from Aliexpress.
The price is $12.72.
It works fine, but it’s thicker than the basic cable. This is bad…

But, it works fine. haha

The delay time has been drastically reduced.
It must run at 120hz unconditionally.

(↓↓ 30hz calibration)

(↓↓ 120hz calibration)

6 Likes

Hi , I just noticed something. I came back to do some VR and when i picked up the the headset which was off all night. The eye tracking was warm.

I took a peek at it through the lens of my phone camera and the ir stays on even hwen the pimax is off

9 Likes

I suppose it is powered through the USB cable - is it attached to your PC directly, or through the headset’s USB port? If your PC is configured to have USB ports powerd while the PC if off, that would be the cause.

3 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-1-0-1-264-beta/30809

1.Updating runtime of the eye tracking , to achieve the purpose of lowering temperature.

3 Likes

I have installed Pitool 1.0.1.264 beta.
I uninstalled the old version of AseeVR, downloaded the new version and installed it.
The ET RED LED started to illuminate, but the calibration stopped.

I restarted my PC and connected the eye tracker, but this time the eye tracker wasn’t recognized at all.
It is not listed in the device manager, and nothing happens when I plug or unplug the USB.

8KX is working normally.

3 Likes

Pitool 1.0.1.264 update.

1. External cables cannot be used. It is recognized only when it is connected to the main body. In the end, you should use 30hz.
    -> When I received it again from 7invensun and installed it, it started normally.
    —> After deleting the program received from 7invensun, I received it again from PItool and installed it, but it does not work again.
    ------> When I changed the USB port, it works normally. (Solved)

2. The pupil pointer is no longer visible in calibration. If you are roughly nearby, the whole color changes.

I just spent half an hour playing with the DFR , pitools version 264 using external cable ,

I can now calibrate with a thinner face cushion without losing fov
and it worked well , some games show strange shimmers etc but early days
It worked much better than before
takes a bit of getting used to especially in aggressive mode

limited use because not all games support FR

doesn’t work very well at all plugged into the headset socket no matter which usb on the mainboard I use
It needs a thicker face cushion to work at all with the top usb port in my 5k+ but with the link cable it’s quite good

6 Likes

yeah, not sure if it is actually calibrated better or just hiding it better…

1 Like

my pc never turns off

1 Like

I wonder if we should start a thread on which games actually work with ET. maybe @SweViver could flag them in PE

3 Likes

Some games don’t benefit (like DCS) but you can enable DFR in almost anything. It would be better to flag the games that just don’t benefit.

(or even better if we showed what performance benefit a person could expect for each title).

4 Likes

Would need to be measured independently in CPU/GPU latency on current generation top hardware (eg. i9-9900k/RTX2080Ti for previous generation) to be useful.

These can be obtained by someone running FPSVR in both the most and least intense scenes for each game, with DFR/FFR on, and off.

DCS World, as I have mentioned, does have a small benefit from DFR/FFR in the daytime low-density conditions used by casual players.

4 Likes

yes a rating system like poor, good , great

preferably tied into a user rating system, when you add the cloud functionality.

3 Likes

I like the idea of a rating system. I suggest categories of none, mixed, minor, major . Corresponding to no benefit (or worse) for a specific VR application, sometimes beneficial or harmful depending on workload in the VR app, minor benefit (~3ms), major benefit (>10ms).

1 Like

When cloud enabled profiles is done they’ll be “flagged” centrally (option on/off), no…? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

probably.

how’s the pimax store refresh spamming btw?

3 Likes

Well there you have it - the eye tracker stays on as long as it is powered via USB.

2 Likes

i feel like they could send a signal to turn it off and have pitool turn it on. this seems lazy