Update June 17, 2020 Discussion

There is never a complete set of products for us to use. Even if the defective products have passed the warranty period

Realistically, the first batch (if considered to be working well) will go to media, Youtubers, developers, potentially even samples to enterprise customers having placed orders for tens or hundreds of headsets. And that may well eat into the second and third batch too.

And, frankly - if we get a unit from the fourth batch, it may have 2-3 issues less which they found & corrected in the first three batches, so it may well be worth waiting for another couple of weeks.

And I don’t know how it is in your countries - over here we are entering the summer heat period so my use of VR is limited anyhow…

As some have asked for more specific ETAs so they can plan their vacation - that is a complete pipe-dream, you do realize that ? Say, Pimax announced deliveries to start next week, and batch sizes to be X, one batch every week. You then take your backer number - and then what ? As you don’t exactly know the 399 other user’s backer numbers, you cannot be sure of your relative position. But even if you would figure that out (say, you are backer no.5) - what good is that going to do you ? If you haven’t learned by now that Pimax just isn’t very good (to put it very politely) at sticking to their schedules, what on Earth have you been doing in the past 3 years ?

You simply have to anticipate that Pimax will not deliver as many headsets in June, or July, as their planning would show today, and that they will not stick to the order of backer numbers, but send them out either opportunistically or randomly.

So the only realistic ETA is - it’s there when it’s there.

7 Likes

I’m thinking that I’ll get my 8KX in August or September, if things go well. If I get it sooner, then I’ll be happy, but I’m expecting delays (given past experience).

8 Likes

I pre-order my MAS in october 2019 why i you did not ship it at the first batch ?

2 Likes

When are backer going to receive the SMAS ?

1 Like

I’m with Neal…I can’t after all this time get worked up with timelines. I LL just check in daily in this forum like I have for last 3 years. I LL keep enjoying my 5k+ and just keep my expectations low because otherwise I LL just stroke out and die from being pissed off …lol😂

17 Likes

images (1)

3 Likes

batches will still have to be shipped to local distribution centers (eu / usa) unless they really plan on shipping them individually from china which imo is riddic. most loaners should be at the local collection center (eu / usa) before the first batches even to the distribution area so I really doubt it’ll be much of a problem.

I’m guessing the loaners will get a new housing and then get sold as refurbished models in china. my 8k is still a helluva headset that should make someone very happy if they can get a good price on it.

2 Likes

I posted this image like 3 years ago when forum was hostile …still works today… pitchforks and torches…lol

5 Likes

Well they said they didnt want to ship to reviewers this time (at least not in the beginning) and I believe them. If you look at the past, most “pro” reviewers have been pretty mixed or even negative about Pimax, while the average ‘normal’ user seems to be more positive. For example it’s very likely that a professional reviewer will mention distortion while a ‘normal’ user might not even know what that is. So why not leverage that? I think it actually makes sense.

What I fear more is that the 8k-X will turn up on webshops like Ali Express while the first pre-orders haven’t even been fufilled. It’s always been like that thus I fear it’s going to happen again.

4 Likes

However Kevin had said Backers were being prioritize when suggested to send Ben and Doc-Ok a unit for eval.

3 Likes

Do we know how many 8kx have been produced? Easy question.

2 Likes

It’s the most protected secret at Pimax

11 Likes

There was literally no date given on when the first 8K-Xs will ship to customers. We have to wait another week to find out about this?

3 Likes

Why do you not ask to be the first ?

It looks like they are shipping soon. They’re asking for backer address confirmation:
https://support.pimax.com/en/support/solutions/articles/60000670669-8kx-backer-information-confirm?fbclid=IwAR1jWZdATf_CB93OPjinVo3sbmV80D6b_UcZABaasJ6wYcPu97K-i7JkyE4

7 Likes

They asked that in last week’s update when rolled out loaner returns in certain regions.

That would be nice. Mind you, I think most of us have lost track of how many times we have been asked to confirm our addresses over the years. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks like things finally have a date

From Facebook @Tess

Voilà la réponse de mon Ticket.
Thanks for contacting us and awfully sorry for keep you waiting so long! We are sorry for your inconvenience and we could extraordinary understand your emotion.
Owing to aims at providing customers with more quality and comprehensive services, a systematic methodology for that approach is required. We are always endeavoring to do still better and trying our best to improve and innovate more. However, under in such a special circumstance, there are so many uncontrollable factors, for example, the package is waiting in line for flight for a really really relatively long time. It is truly out of our control in this aspect. Please forgive us for not being able to telling in a absolute way.
Concerning about confusion of external voices, the truthfulness of those words are not convincing and easily let people fall into confusion. In this way, we’ll hold a release conference named “Pimax Now”(June 24, 2020), when and where we’ll resolve in one shot to answer everything, and anything, and more. I believe that there are more surprises awaiting you.
Please trust us, because pimax will always be your friend.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.
Sincerely apologize.
Kind Regards

Pimax Service Team
Tess

Link

17 Likes

Maybe they’ll also have the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life and the Universe then…?! :rofl:

10 Likes