Update June 17, 2020 Discussion

One can hope as they have had time to ponder. :smirk::beers:

6 Likes

I love the “and more” part
 :grin:

5 Likes

I’ve never heard any other company say things like this lol

8 Likes

So I already had a ticket for my loaner with my address, but went to the site to add my address anyway (there was no address, just my name/e-mail). I had to look up what USA was in Chinese, because most of the items in the dropdown for country were in Chinese, which then added the drop down for state, lol.

Maybe they’ll also have the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life and the Universe then
?!

That’s happening on June 42nd

15 Likes

we already know the answer for that question
 42 :crazy_face:
@Octofox beat me to it :smile:

4 Likes

Honestly I really want to be excited but I really can’t muster up anything within myself to be excited anymore.

It’s really kinda ironic since the idea of the 8KX a headset with no SDE has been my dream headset for years and years. We still don’t know how many are in a batch or anything regarding shipping or if the 24th June date for Pimax now is actually a real thing.

4 Likes

Well, since it seems the date has been leaked by chance and not officially we can not take it too serious and be sceptical if it is reliable info.
May be as well crums to feed us trolls.

1 Like

I don’t think Tess realises who she’s working for. Maybe she will after the 24th.

5 Likes

I’m pretty hyped, considering my loaner was shipped off and delivered. I’m guessing they want to announce that shipping of the X has acutally started, instead of giving a promise date. They really don’t have to tell you how many headsets are in a batch, and they shouldn’t imo. What if they said “50 were sent to us in the first batch,” but upon inspection at their headquarters, only 25 were good, but they don’t mention that. People here would say, “you lied and said 50, how come we only see 25 backers with a headset in the spreadsheet??? Are those other 25 going to Youtubers??? WTF???” I’m glad they’re quiet because then there are less promise dates/numbers for people to get angry at, lol.

5 Likes

I’m not I want to know where is my X?

Also yea my Loaner in en route to Malaysia right now so in 2-3 days max it should arrive and in less than a week it should hit China if they are competent.

1 Like

I think your lack of hype is because it’s getting really close, almost too good to be true, after ~3 years, haha.

2 Likes

I wish that was the case but partly it’s me stopping myself from re-experiencing Pimax Day 2 and partly the fact that no VR games interest me in 2020.

Hey, hey careful now
they’re treading on hallowed Mr. Rogers territory now :joy:

1 Like

The solution is not to get excited until the 8KX is actually in your hands

3 Likes

Then dont say 50 shipped say 25 shipped??? They had zero problems giving accurate numbers during the kickstarter on how many 5ks and 8ks were being assembled/packaged/shipped out to consumers on a near weekly basis.

Sure. But the latest update says that they finally received the shipment, meaning they probably didn’t have time to check them all
yet people are yelling at Pimax to tell them how many shipped NOW. They probably aren’t ready to disclose the amount.

2 Likes

I mean we know none have shipped to the backers yet, every time I see it brought its in the context of shipments to backers not right now.

I wish they would have added a pass-through USB-C port to the eye tracking module so you can still plug another device (e.g. VR n CHILL) into the top of the headset while using the eye tracker. The bottom USB-C port is kind of awkward to add devices to since you need some way to keep the headset flat on surfaces.

1 Like

They know how many are going to be shipped to them. Come on you think the factory doesn’t tell them how many they made?

1 Like