Update June 17, 2020 Discussion

https://community.openmr.ai/t/weekly-update-17th-june-2020/28621?u=heliosurge

12 Likes

The censorship these daysā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah my bad had it in parent not the discussion sub.

3 Likes

Only no comments are good commentsā€¦ :smile:

5 Likes

Lol at times this is true indeed.

5 Likes

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA

So now that the first batch of 8KX has gone through testing and is on its way to the Shanghai offices you can surely reveal the quantity of headsets which make up the first batch, and how many of these are going to be sent to 8KX backers ?

18 Likes

Thank you for the update. Iā€™m also very interested in the number of 8kxā€™s being produced and tested at present.

7 Likes

SOā€¦
ā€œOur Pimax Now Event is nearly here. We expect this event to take place next week or early the following week. We will advise with further information.ā€

ā€¦The same as you said last week :woozy_face: :scream: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :cry:

21 Likes

Dear Pimax,

Just set the Pimax NOW date for August15th and then either deliver on time or (positively) surprise everyone by delivering earlier. The current method isnā€™t doing you any favours.

I also accept that technically, the first batch of 8KXs has been shipped, although of course this is referring to the shipment from your factory to your office. I believe that the shipping date most important to your backers is the one from your office to their homes as well as the actual number of HMDs in that first batch. Please do communicate that number and the ETA for ā€˜actual shippingā€™.

Other than that, Iā€™m glad the eye-tracking module appears to be coming along nicely.

14 Likes

They said the same thing a month agoā€¦

9 Likes

A lot of the usual, But the main point is that the foam issue is no more and they can go ahead and produce like crazy :partying_face:
Hope the supply chain is solid, so we donā€™t need to wait for any componentsā€¦ would be nice to know more. Back in the days of 5K+ and 8K production we got that nice little table of amount of material in stock, units produced/day etc. It was a nice way to show what was going on in the factory+testing:

16 Likes

Just to make sure I understand correctly: the first batch of 8k-X is ready and is going to be shipped out as soon as it arrives in your office? Of is there still a process waiting to be done?

Thanks

6 Likes

My best guess is that the shipment happens when the loaner thing is solved (ongoing).

2 Likes

While the copy/paste ā€œscheduleā€ for NOW is increasingly hilarious, Iā€™m glad to see that ALL 8kX+SMAS units passed internal testing. Hopefully the trend continues, and we arenā€™t plagued by the RMA nightmares of the pre-Vision era.

9 Likes

Iā€™m sticking with 2. :rofl:

2 Likes

Nah, will be many more. But 2 as the number of headsets being shipped to us backers from this batch: sounds about right, yeahā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I just threw some chicken bones up and they landed quite favorably guys

17 Likes

@PimaxUSA How many 8K-Xs are in the first batch? When are you actually going to ship the 8K-X out to customers? Pimax was due to ship these a week or two ago.

6 Likes

I wonā€™t be surprised if:

First batch - reserved for internal usage , and a family of employees
Second batch - demo units for YouTubers & Media
Third batch for - partners , resellers in Asia

We need Mulder & Scully from X-files to get one for backers

:crazy_face: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Pimax is really good at making people think they are just about to ship the 8K-X and then somehow weeks later that is still not the case.

4 Likes