Update June 17, 2020 Discussion

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra if shipping is from Shanghai, how do pimax plan to ship the units when no deliveries are possible just like all the other items stuck in Shanghai airport?

5 Likes

If Kevin (Pimax USA) can kindly now reveal how many 8K-X headsets in these first 2 batches we won’t need to constantly pressure anyone from Pimax about it like a record on repeat.

Knowing it’s perhaps 20 units and not 100 in batch 1, for example, makes those later on in the queue of 400 8K-X backer headsets and even more so backer upgraders, far less demanding for information if they know it’s realistically months away until they potentially receive their own headset.

In my view, perhaps waiting to inform forum users in 1-2 weeks is potentially counter productive and might only spoil the next ‘Pimax Day’, that’s meant to be a positive occasion and not meant to be marred by inevitable grumpy backers obssessed only X number of headsets shipped by date Y

I think by now, we’re all rather predictable.

6 Likes

Jokes aside, I do feel the number shipped in these first couple batches is likely an incredibly small number. I don’t think Pimax wants us to start sharpening those pitchforks just yet.

2 Likes

I suspect the no. in a batch is like 10-15 and they don’t want to tell us until Pimax Day.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I think is a more realistic number.

To be fair to Pimax they need to receive the 5K+/8K generously loaned headsets back before sending out an 8K-X to those who backed 8K-X.

This may well take weeks.

Perhaps a forum genius can make an editable table for ‘loaner’ headset users who’ve now shipped their hradsets back to confirm they did?

NB: A loaned headset being shipped from a backers property doesn’t mean the headset is in Pimax’s hands in China yet. There might be weeks delay depending on courier service and possible delays from the virus also. On top, 8K-X needs to be physically manufactured also.

Realistically I’d expect it to be around end of June the loaned headsets should be back with Pimax meaning it’s probably early to mid July until they’re shipped out to the first 8X- X backers with upgrades backers more like the end of July into August and beyond.

After that, Pimax has the last 4 months or so of 2020 to fulfill 8K-X pre-orders on the Pimax store before they can even begin to entertain selling 8K-X on Amazon in 2021, so there’s a huge amount of work to do and Pimax know it.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s time pimax let’s us know the production schedule. How many is being produced, ramp up numbers and delivery schedule. These have been on preorder for 8 months now!

7 Likes

Can anyone remember the quantity pimax considered a “batch” during the early kickstarter shipments of the 8 and 5k? I wonder if it’s the same.

1 Like

8 Months? I’ve been waiting for 3 years.

10 Likes

A Kickstarter with a provided loaner headset Is very different from someone paying far more money upfront on a preorder don’t you think?

3 Likes

In first batch was 70 units :slight_smile:
source : https://community.openmr.ai/t/pictures-the-pimax-products-are-ready-to-send-19th-mar-2019/10828/340

6 Likes

Tbh my loaner was kinda broken to begin with hence I’m returning it. I’d be happier if I could buy it off and it worked. Also yea a Kickstarter is totally different if Pimax went bankrupt in those 3 years I get nothing.

2 Likes

That would be ridiculous. They shouldn’t wait to receive the loaners before sending 8K-X headsets. Just do an advanced shipment (like an advanced RMA). If they are indeed waiting for loaners, then at least they should send out 8K-X to people who don’t have loaners first because then by the time they receive loaners they’ll already have produced another batch ready for loaner orders.

Plus what is Pimax going to do with those 3 year old loaners? They can’t resell them. The only usefulness to them is probably for parts or refurbishment.

2 Likes

My label doesn’t have the headset going to China, so I wouldn’t expect them to wait until it gets to China. When it gets to the destination on the label, I’d expect to be cleared, and they should send the X when possible, since I wouldn’t be able to track the package after that. @Navi_8K

Just dropped off mine to get shipped today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shame you got a faulty loaner. I must have been very lucky with my 5/8k they were both 100%. I hope your x is very close to shipping.

3 Likes

Whelp. It’s a loaner so I won’t complain too much. I hope they don’t screw up the X.

1 Like

I don’t think that will be a problem Pimax have so much banking on the X.

5 Likes

Thank you for clarifying :0)

1 Like

It would be great if Pimax would at least ball park number on headsets made weekly.

5 Likes

How hard would it be for Pimax to do that again! ??

1 Like