Twack3rs Varjo VR-3 impressions

Believe whatever you want, imply I’m a liar if you want… but I can confirm I can read line 10 fine, 11 as I said I’m pushing it to make out all of it. even my crappy ttl I can read most of line 10… and like I said reality is much better/sharper than mine or especially seb’s ttl’s

As others have pointed out the images are a lot worse than can be achieved. We certainly made a mistake providing him with a prototype.

2 Likes

I believe you but our discussion makes no sense since we don’t know the exact distance I stood , you stood and Mrtv stood aswell as the supersampling ratio (%).

I do know, seb looked left and I aligned myself with the same spot that he was standing, a minor margin of difference sure… but this is all irrelevant to what I’m saying…

seb’s ttl is terrible and blurry, even my rushed version is better but only to prove that point… there’s still another leap in clarity and other factors looking at it with your eyes, not a ttl camera capture.

Send him a final unit PLEASE :pray: .

( I doubt though it will make a difference interms of pixel density ^^ ).

1 Like

To know the exact spot he should have looked down . From the side there is alot room for mistake / margin of error ) . Every centimeter makes a difference on line 10/11 and supersampling ofcourse

irrelevant to my point. I can stand even further away and its still not a blurry mess.

Exactly…no doubt the VR-3 looks better in reality but the 8KX in no way looks like a blurry mess as shown in that video.

6 Likes

Even if you were to dig up his original ttl pics you will see this new ttl pics are not very well done.

The Crappy phone is part of the problem. @Tyrielwood has a setup that makes taking ttl pics easier and will create more repeatable results vs trying to get it right with a phone camera.

This below would even be better.

@spamenigma’s as he said Rushed Samsung s9+ of his 8kX

Mrtv’s 3 compare

You might have a point that he is still using a prototype to represent the 8kX of which I hope he has the integrity to state this might not represent the quality if the released 8kX picture. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

If it didn’t those whom bought it would feel foolish paying that kind if price wouldn’t you agree?

1 Like

Yeah sure I agree . It’s crazy $$ for a VR headset . Let’s just hope consumer hmds will reach such fidelity.

1 Like

Most of the varjo owners have gone through a multitude of headsets including the 8kx and G2. Their feedback isn’t any different.

2 Likes

I would say more with not providing him with the Final release as promised to see the improvements you said had been implemented since the not final model.

3 Likes

Updated my post here. Please review as the pics from Mrtv are indeed flawed. His earlier 5k+ pics look better than his 8kX pic.

Not to say the Varjo-V3 is not better in fidelity as it should be for the price.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/twack3rs-varjo-vr-3-impressions/35834/572?u=heliosurge

1 Like

They will like GPUs better things hit the enterprise level before it is made cheaper for the consumer space. Enterprise pays for the R&D.

And in those pics the s9 pic is comparable to the G2. Time after time, we’ve seen and known that the G2 is sharper than the 8kx. Again, in direct comparison using the same tools and methodology, Sebastian’s data is valid. Is CROSS comparison with other users, no but that’s not relevant for the discussion point.

His conclusions maybe but his representational data(pics of the 8kX are poor and do not represent a good ttl) is misleading to the real clarity. The G2 was only given a slight edge on clarity by a variety of reviews which is true.

1 Like

8kx is less sharp than g2 but very close to it if setup right and you have no severe issues with lenses due to your physical factors. Myself i find 8kx more pleasant in regards to visuals than VP2.

Calling it garbage and blurry mess is a bit rude imo, but yes lenses issues make 8kx less enjoyable. those 3 hmd are top tier resolution hmds in consumer vr market though, q2 on naitive is close as well.

2 Likes

The overall points he’s making are correct I’m sure… many people have stated the same so many of us who read here know varjo > g2 > 8kx in ppd and clarity. But the examples he gave are badly made and not valid at all, the 8kx isn’t even in focus.

My pic is still bad and could be better with more time, effort and obviously a better camera too… and shouldn’t be used to compare with anything other than sebs 8kx blurry example, demonstrating it was bad.

Ttl’s will never show the reality of what we actually see in a HMD but they can be useful in some circumstances, however only when they are equally done well.

6 Likes

this is good ttls with correctly set settings

source: VR Through The Lens (photos & video): Pimax 8KX, 8K+, 8K, 5K+, Valve Index, HP Reverb v1, HTC Vive - YouTube, dont forget those pixels’re across 170 degs FOV

5 Likes