The next shipment for Pimax

well we don’t know for sure if hardware is changed, lets wait till @Sean.Huang give more technical details as promised

We don’t know now and we won’t know later because pimax never says anything except generic things.

What they should do is change that scaler or improve the displays and that they are not going to do at least in the 8k, I am convinced that they will get an 8k+ and there if there will be improvements in the hardware.

Greetings.

1 Like

@Matthew.Xu
As I can see in spreadsheets, my headset is produсed more than month ago but still not shipped yet.
Does it mean that the headset will be improved in performance and upgraded with a new breakthrough technology or it just buried into big box?

It’s hard to make an informed decision when there is so little information regarding the 5K BE. I did view VR Aviator’s videos and did watch Sebastians initial reaction to the 5K BE as well as his followup (I have a CV1 and SDE doesn’t bother me)… BUT!

Now we’ve got people speculating that @Matthew.Xu 's most recent remarks regarding the 8K may mean improvements over the last batch… but nobody’s confirming.

Can someone please bring us up to date regarding improvements, if any, of the 8K.

Thanks

1 Like

I thougth you said the choice was frozen to swtich from 5K+ to 5K+BE, I did send e-mail to support for the swith but was told it was too late, I don’t want to switch anyway as my choice was just based on early impression review from sebastion, i think 5K+ will be better.

Check the statement at the top by @Matthew.Xu , it appears the option has been reopened.

@Matthew.Xu
请关注淘宝代购订单,国际友人们基本都已经满足了,是时候给我们国内用户发货了吧, 如果春节前能收到的话,无论如何都将是一份重要的礼物,一个大大的惊喜!谢谢🙏加油💪

@Matthew.Xu

How does an 8K backer know if their headset has already been produced and, therefore, they should get it as soon (or even sooner) than if they were to switch to a 5K+?

1 Like

同样是国内用户,也是希望在放假前能收到。

我也国内的,他们上次说这个月底前要发。由于快到春节了,最近的物流是最紧张的,到时候月底发出的话,估计顺丰要爆仓的节奏。还是早点发好些,不然到最后快递快停运的那段时间去发才叫忙。

@Matthew.Xu 请问这是不是意味着国内代购的也能发货了?

2 Likes

I find this difficult to accept, but I’ve decided I’m tired of waiting and will now get the 5K+ instead. In case anyone else is “sitting on the fence”, the “black dots” fix was the deciding factor for me.

7 Likes

Is it too late to change shipping address for backer #513X ?

Probably (20 characters)

Thanks man. My mate is going away and not sure if package will be left at door or require sig and be sent back.

Matthew, myself (and others) having been asking about having our pledges “held” until 5KBE units are in the hands of MRTV, Sweviver, and VoodooDe for review. This is based on what @deletedpimaxrep1 posted earlier that said backers would be able to make a decision based on these reviews. I have been asking for the past week for a confirmation on what @mixedrealityTV was told at CES, that we will be allowed to do this. Can you please update?

4 Likes

that might be a good idea, the question is when will we know when he will make the review, he said the colours/black levels were worth the SDE.

another option could be to wait until DAS is ready as well, like a ‘wait until BE review/DAS’

When the 5k+ black dot is solved, I doubt that pimax is trying using film with 8k and check the result.

Where does it say that the black dot issue is solved and what was the cause?

Where does it say that the black dot issue is fixed and what was the cause?