The next shipment for Pimax

Im backer 47xx and backed the 8k will you be able to send it to me before chinese new year? I got to admit that this is the point that Im really starting to feel
disappointed

How do I change from 8K to 5K plus?

They indicate it should ship to the warehouse by the 29th in the first post here?

What should I do to change to the 5K+ please?

Hi, does anyone realise this?

pimax1

propably you should look out

1 Like

It hasn’t been officially clarified but my best guess would be to open a ticket and then post the SUPEN number here (with a poke @dallas) to be sure your request is being registered.

2 Likes

umm i think that was that they would start building the 8k again last tuesday but that never happend hay

@Matthew.Xu is it possible to upgrade to 8kx (pay the diffrence obviously)and take a 5k loaner?

just for the record im annoyed and not at anyone in particular

No as in it was posted saying that in the last few hours about the current situation.
Though yes Im sure some of them are built because like you said they did finally start the 8K line back up recently. But on the whole the 8Ks are in the process of being built

Could you ask @Sean.Huang to make a post to inform us on what has been done to improve the 8K and what’s the roadmap to improve it further?

3 Likes

I see that there is an interest on the part of Pimax that the backers are changed to 5k+, I do not understand very well why, are they going to stop supporting 8k? Will they stop selling 8k after Kickstarter?

The funny thing is that if it wasn’t for the pimax 8k, Pimax would never have completed the Kickstarter campaign, 5k+ were taken out of the hat like a magician and now it seems to be their star product, I wonder what would have happened if instead of betting and investing in a 5k+ that people didn’t bet on them, they would have concentrated on improving or changing the upscaler that seems to be the origin of the problems with the 8k.Are they going to show an 8k+ and that’s why you don’t want to produce the 8k? Do they come out very expensive to produce and that’s why you want to change to the 5k+? There are many questions and I don’t see much clarity in Pimax’s words for the people who trusted them.

4 Likes

Do I understand correctly that you’re proposing us to get 5k+ while waiting for 8k?
We get 5k+ now, and 8k once it’s produced, then we ship the 5k+ to the warehouse?

No, I understand that you are asking for the tenth time if we want to change to 5k+, I hope I am wrong.

Hi, is this another reason of the delay of the 8k to get more time for this developments? If so i don’t mind waiting longer and can have more sympathy for the delay.

2 Likes

@Matthew.Xu

Last week I contacted Pimax and had my information updated because the previous spreadsheet said my information was unfilled. I received a reply saying that my information was confirmed now.

My information still says it is unfilled on the new spreadsheet.

SUPEN-1089

I understand you get the feeling they see more in the 5k+ and treath the 8k product and it’s backers as second. I was a bit in a shock today with the news and believed that also for a few hours. Matthew stating in the previous comment “We have been working hard to improve the performance and upgrade of 8K, if we have a new breakthrough in technology , we will update it.” proves otherwise, and the improvements will be in the 8k as it is now, this gives me hope again.

A few questions

1. When will the first batch of preorders ship out? According to the store site it says january 31st.

2 . Are you going by first come first serve? I expect that the preorders will get it first by order?

1. Will some preorders be shipped before the spring festival start?
1 Like

It is obvious that as time goes by, the software will be advanced and refined, that’s what the users of the Pimax 4k know a lot when they took a step forward and two backward, but that has nothing to do with the production of the Pimax 8k where the hardware has been closed for a long time and where they will not change any component.

Hey Matthew, were you refering to improvements as of yet or recent unrelvealed improvement for the 8k. Please clarify if you can :slight_smile:

1 Like