SweViver: Pimax 8K X Specifications Revealed - Everything you NEED to know!

yeah i have a 5k+ and when playing the star wars fan game i noticed the black level actually looked netter than my Rift.

1 Like

Yes, I spent a lot of tests / comparisons. And I can definitely confirm that there is no difference in favor of 8K in terms of SDE and clarity from Lenovo. (I would even say that in some scenarios such as simracing, I liked Lenovo a little more)

2 Likes

The other stereotype is the low quality knock-offs

1 Like

so the 5k+ would you say is better than the LE?

1 Like

Well, this is probably because in the Rift Oled-panel with a real black …
But for me, the weather in VR is done by SDE and clarity in the first place. That is why I do not prefer Oled for VR. (I had RIft a long time ago)

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have not tried 5K +.
But it should be better, because 5K + has a standard RGB structure panel. And Lenovo has a kind of brick pixel structure, which is quite noticeable.

2 Likes

probably that of the baby Jesus. (just to let you know how heavy the options are LMAO

1 Like

I think we may be able to get by without one carpenter…

2 Likes

Its one of the dumbest stereotypes there is. One of my acquaintances in college was an exchange student from China. He made everyone in all of his classes look about as smart as a bag of rocks. You can never underestimate people based on stereotypes.

Speaking of “knock offs” The 1st Chinese Famicom clone was built better than the original NES. Had a better sound chip, was top loading, etc.

2 Likes

Simply put the 5k was likely going to have similar panels. The 8k panel matrix was first mentioned during the first KS Tested introduction/review. I agree it should have had RGB Rainbow like pimax 4k. RGB Rainbow seems imho nicer than standard grid of 5k+. It would be interesting to see QHD Rainbow panels.

But with Pimax Opensourcing we might be able to purchase these full rgb panels. Just the question can full 80hz be acheived?

2 Likes

Apparently not. These Pentile panels are apparently often used in Projectors as another user mentioned long ago.

3 Likes

Testing a product doesn’t give necessarily inside look at trade secrets. Lol

3 Likes

The 8kX has the core benefit of time. When Sega Genesis came out it wss good. But not as good as Nintendo’s 16bit system spec wise.

1 Like

Pentile is a brand name owned by Samsung, mostly used for their OLED panels (and also used for multiple different patterns). Other displays including many projectors and camera displays also frequently have reduced patterns, but they don’t bear that name.

2 Likes

Oled as it was used in VR for me never looked that good. Og vive had the pop but looked like 80’s CRt TV.

One of the msin reasons is cost of display tech. Oled is still very expensive to mfgr & has a real potential to get burnin.

Lcd will eventualy hit it’s limits. But with displays like used in Razer Phone has I’d say min another 5 years.

2 Likes

Honestly, I agree to 70-75 Hz (as long as these are real 4K RGB panels inside my 8K)
After all, for 8K-X they have found at the moment 4K RGB 75Hz panels (maybe 80).

Now I really want to change the panels in my 8K, on ​​the 8K-X panel.
It would be great if the Pimax realized this opportunity, even if I have to send my 8K to them.

In the worst case, I’ll have to sell my 8K, then I’ll have to add an unknown amount of money to get these panels in 8K-X. Well, somehow it’s not serious, I just need these panels and that’s it.

Still, I hope that Pimax will create an exchange program for 8K on 8K-X, or a program for replacing 8K panels on panels from 8K X.

I would be satisfied with any option :wink:

3 Likes

Just remember if not for Chinese ingeniuty we wouldn’t have things like Gunpowder, Noodles, Ice cream & zippers.

4 Likes

Will pimax have pre-orders for this? Put me down for one please

1 Like

America & other countries would look lke knock off kings if one promoted those Cube Van parking lot deals. Lol

1 Like

True Pentile is brand. Much like many call a variety of Foam Styrofoam. & rotary tools Dremels. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like