STAR WARS: Squadrons Discussion

What GPU are you guys using?

some were saying it goes live 12AM GMT

which would mean 8PM Eastern.

I should go check

Edit: Nope

hmm I preoreded on Steam and its still locked. Im in Eastern Time and its currently 11:22PM

it shoukd have unlocked at 8PM .

I sense BS.

at least it works. If it didnt I’d flip

This applies to newborns as well.

People claiming you can be banned. Lol what if my whole network is VPN’ed @ the router?

I doubt it. If they really wanted to block people they know the region for your steam account.

1 Like

Personally so far I’ve really enjoyed it. Found in cockpit to be very atmospheric i.e. like being in the film.

Found the 2D cut scenes immersion breaking but I guess that’s the compromise of not being a fully made for VR game? IMHO more than a simple arcade shooter with elements I recognised from Elite Dangerous.

First went to the training area and spent quite a while configuring (e.g. turned off comfort mods) and mapping buttons to my hotas.

Lastly no performance problems yet (graphics default auto) but might change in bigger battles.

2 Likes

Anyone tested it with eye tracking yet?
Does FFR work (if it does ET should too)?

1 Like

Are you playing with 5K+ or 8KX?
What refresh rate are you using?

I ask because it seems a lot of problem are having performance issues and it seems it depends on refresh rate selected:

The game has no ceiling / VSync to Refresh rate, my 3080 put it to 460fps and started a coilwhine from hell.

So I manually set max FPS in Nvidia Settings!

2 Likes

Parallel Projections seems to be required

is there a bug report form for EA that we can use to complain about this?

I don’t even have a mouse pointer. How did you guys map your controls like that?

That game is DOA, I’m going to refund it.

i noticed that too, no mouse cursor in VR - had to use keyboard

1 Like

2080 Ti

some were saying it goes live 12AM GMT

I believe it did, I tried about 1am here and it turned out it had gone live an hour earlier, my mate was already playing. Got distracted by Alyx.

What refresh rate are you using?

I set to 144Hz to match my monitor. Initially VR was very choppy so I switched - but I realised I had accidentally set PT to 2. On switching to 1 VR performance seemed fine, I forgot to load FPSVR for stats. Will do next time.

1 Like

can you play flight assist off?

1 Like

what is PT? 20202020

haha good kuck with that. They already have your $$

Seriously though its a miricle we got VR at this level at all, you think they are going to do anything to make sure it runs on a Pimax?

Took me a few minutes to sort out, that’s all. Like NMS if you press a different control source it switches the on screen key commands. You can also inst-switch between 2D and VR with a key press.

WSAD + spacebar worked as well as my HOTAS (which was mostly correct, but I changed a few things to my liking). Kinda like ED.

Can’t remember if I had it working in VR, I did use the mouse at points though.

1 Like

PiTool ie Render Quality

There’s a drift mode but I don’t know how that works yet

2 Likes

Is there a mouse pointer in VR for you?

Can you check and tell me the ingame graphics settings you use for that please? Is it Fullscreen/windowed/borderless, is there anything specially selected?

Anyone having any luck with the desktop output? I’m looking to stream using OBS same as @glassy99 and I have the choice of either hugely off-centre view thanks to PP or v low framerate from the Display VR View.