Space.. The Final Frontier.. These are the voyages of the Pimax 8KX!

Very nice! I particularly like the slide-out keyboard tray. I have a much more modest setup, but I’m using an x52 HOTAS and some of the same aluminum rods. I’ve got the HOTAS mounted directly to my chair, using parts I got from MonsterTech (in Germany). The kit is a bit pricey, but very well-made.

. https://www.monstertech.de/en/product-category/flight-en/chair/
. https://monstertechusa.com (US branch)

4 Likes

Some sick setups here. Love the posts

3 Likes

Hi. I bought feel three 3 days ago, but no answer about none info, delivery, webpage, tariffs to spain, somebody have some info? thanks.

1 Like

Check out the ‘updates’ section on the kickstarter, right now this is the most up to date info we got- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/feelthree/feel-three-virtual-reality-motion-simulator/posts

2 Likes

Hi @Picaro, but how did you buy it then ? Did they already charge you ?

I would make sure that they respond to you on these important questions of yours before you transfer the money. If you don’t mind - please let us know their response. We are very interested too… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi. Yes, this is the purchase confirmation.
On the kickstarter page there is a link for the purchase, but for two months or so, it hasn’t updated the status, and people are complaining.

2 Likes

There is a #40 notification, but only for backers. I paid too, I dont know why not.

They just informed the backers that there is a pause due to Covid-19, and he hopes to be able to return to the project soon.

1 Like

Thanks! yawvr must be OK, but feel three looks more versatile!

1 Like

That’s intriguing. I would think the exact opposite.

In flight, the most characteristic force is heave, pushing you or lifting you out of the seat. In coordinated turns, there should be no sideways sensation, which make platforms like the YawVR completely useless for flight sims (all videos showing banking while turning reveal how little they understand about forces in real flight).

On the other hand, everyone with a driving licence (or gokart experience) will know that acceleration or braking will generate longitudinal forces, while simply turning will push you sideways (lateral forces). In other words, the YawVR’s pitch and roll axes will cover these primary forces really well, making it much better suited for driving sims than flight sims.

4 Likes

Do you thinking that longitudinal or lateral G-forces makes you faster during race or while hotlaping? Its not very realistic done anyway and during a bit longer gameplay makes you tired or disturbing. Most ppl I know smoothing that forces and using only 1/3 of possible range. In my 3dof platform I do prefer realistic effect related with car suspension , wheel slip, bumps, road surface which helps you memorize track and make you faster. Actuators are closer to realism of car suspension than Yawvr motors

3 Likes

Who said anything about making you faster?

I made a point about the misunderstanding of what forces are present in a certain situation and how most people talking about YawVR tend to ignore what forces it can reproduce real life forces.

I personally believe that for immersion mimicking G forces in a car is very important and that’d be my primary use case for YawVR.

For anything flight related, this is the way to go:

This will give you the feeling of true heave and acceleration.

7 Likes

Everybody knows that takes paint stripes.

9 Likes

That is a very interesting option. I don’t have much available space and this seat is quite compact, compared to some of the other motion platform options. I particularly like the fact that there is no yaw/rotation, so there is no possibility of over-twisting the headset cable.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately it is still in prototype phase, not even a Kickstarter project yet.

What I really like about it, that the combination of belt tension and the independent movement of back- and underside of the seat should give a feeling of g-force not only in the horizontal plane but also vertically - which (if you read my dissertation above) is what I’m really missing in a flight sim.

Btw, I’m doing a PPL (Private Pilot’s Licence) in real life and it surprised me a ton how much even a ‘modest’ 2G acceleration can push you in the seat. That’s about the only force I remember feeling in the air (plus taxiing on a grass field bouncing you around the cockpit) - even a 60 degree turn won’t make you feel falling out of your seat sideways when the turn is coordinated (ie no slipping).

2 Likes

That reminds me of a helicopter tour I once took. The pilot kept angling it on its side, so I could get better pictures of the city below. What was unnerving is that the helicopter had no doors :scream:, so if my camera slipped it was gone for good. I don’t think we went over 60°, but I sure felt like I was “falling out of my seat sideways”. Luckily the 3-point harness kept me safely strapped in.

Why no doors? It was a local news 'copter and they wanted the clearest possible images for broadcast.

2 Likes

Imho you made a point that YawVR is good for car simulation which is not. Even reviewer in this topic confirmed that. Beside of force realism you cant even atach more serious gear to it like Fanatec pedals or any DD wheels

2 Likes

With longe range yaw, pitch and roll forces you will get quite good flight characteristic and I’m not saying that without heave this platform is perfect for flight but is better than for simulating a car. Probably it will be the best for simulating Elite Dangerous arena fighters :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But this is exactly my point: that you don’t feel much of roll, pitch or yaw in real life.
When you bank your airplane to the left, you apply left rudder to avoid slip and pull on the elevator to increase angle of attack: this results in you being pushed into the chair and don’t feel like you’re falling towards the ground at all.
See the orange vector here? That’s point up from your seat.

The most dominant force in a cockpit is heave.

2 Likes

Cesna like planes is one example and I do understand your point but most ppl here playing combat simulators like IL2 or DCS. We are doing a lot of fast acrobatic and raw movements during dogfight . Try thinking also about 90 deg. plane climbing or dive and ground attack. Personally I’m using pitch rate , roll rate and yaw rate effects from simtools . You may read about actuators here - also developer is recomending longe range for flight https://www.prosimu.com/Extra/pdf/Buying%20guide%20-%20choose%20your%20actuators.pdf

2 Likes