So where is our DMAS? (Now Shipping)

@Krunchy The “cups” that come with the KDMAS definitely help with loudness and all frequencies of the audio. I’ve tried them without and at max volume the sound is weak and tinny.

I don’t have the DMAS speakers or intend to buy them so this is speculation. Since they’re an off ear designed driver they will loose some of the low frequencies due to being open air and not being directed fully towards the ear, that’s why it’s required for a stronger quality driver to produce higher levels of mids and highs. As you said EQ of some sort is required to raise the low levels. Wait and see when there’s more comparisons of both to be commented.

1 Like

You might be able to use @GrodenVR 's bass extenders without cushions to help contain and funnel sound to ears maintaining the off ear idea

There is no comparison to the KDMAS w/o the ear cups. These do produce good sound, it’s just lacking somewhat in the bass. I’d say unless you want the “off-ear” stick with the KDMAS. Some EQ helps, but you just won’t get those good low explosion sounds.

1 Like

I got my tracking number, we’ll see how it fares anything is an upgrade over SMAS at this point which is garbage and the reason why my 8KX has been picking up dust lately my daily driver is still the gearVR lens modded vive pro.

I am not too fussed about the audio quality, the vive das was adequate for my needs and I own far better over ear headphones but they are too awkward and uncomfortable to use in VR even when seated and increase the setup time.

I haven’t tried index headphones, one of my pet peeves with vive pro’s das is that it irritates my ears after a long playing session with the 3d printed ear clamp mod, vive1 das was better imo.

Off ear is a welcome edition, my only concern is how it will fare with a bass shaker and the bass level + overall sound quality with EQ, I ordered an mfc-3 chair with a metal mount for a bk2-2 transducer (no other mounts, everything else is table mounted) if it doesn’t buzz I think it might just work.

Otherwise a bit of grease might help mitigate the metal on metal noise.
If all else fails I’d go for KDMAS instead.

So Just confirming here .

I ordered the DMAS on the 25 of Sept and it shipped 25 of Sep

I have a tracking number. So apparently getting in before the 200pc limit was very much possible.

4 Likes

Thanks

And I was promised my shipping number within 2 days, and the 2 days have gone now and we are on day 3 now :face_with_monocle: Iiiiit’s PIMAX :joy::sweat_smile::partying_face::laughing::beers:

3 Likes

I ordered on 27th and it says shipped but no tracking number as of yet.

1 Like

I received my DMAS today
I haven’t mounted it yet

3 Likes

What day did you order.it?..just curious about how.long.

13/09/21 during recent pre-orders.(I am in France)
but i might just be lucky

1 Like

I was just thinking that , if the DMAS is an utter disappointment. (not ruling that out) refunds should be accepted opened because unlike normal headphones, they don’t actually touch your ears

4 Likes

Got my tracking number, but its just a tracking number. Likely shipping after the Chinese national holiday next week (which is a week long!).

2 Likes

Same here, tracking nunber that is not registrered and has had no movements.

2 Likes

I’m curious if people have to pay taxes again.

I ordered the 8KX and it was delivered. I only received smas and had to pay complete taxes with DMAS.

If I have to pay DMAS taxes again, I’ll get angry.

Afternoon all

Received mine this morning, to be fair delivery was spot on.
Now, I have just fitted these into my 8KX and early indications are very disappointing.

I’ll have a play around via EQ software to try and improve the sound, but straight out of the box the KDMAS are better.

** update ** After adding my KDMAS ear cups into the mix and editing the sound via EQ software I have managed to get a really good sound out of them.

5 Likes

According to Fedex the DMAS is in my town yesterday and should be in my hands oct 4th. :astonished:

Oh no.

So you had to convert your DMAS to a KDMAS to get them to sound as good as a KDMAS? Eliminating the entire point of the over ear DMAS?

I had to pay $27 :canada: dollars

Exactly that my friend, disappointing

Always the possibility I have something setup incorrectly or it’s not working as it should, but the SMAS and KDMAS were both plug and play so I doubt that is the case

The volume they produce is not an issue, it’s the poor bass from the speaker being off ear which clearly was not resolved.

1 Like

OMG this is bad news. Maybe I shouldn’t even open them when I get it and immediately do a return for the KDMAS.

I’d love to try for myself but Pimax has a bogus return policy.

Here’s the thing , both @Razorub and @Berno both mention that the sound was disappointing compared to traditional ear cans

I got to try Index speakers for the first time when I got the Reverb G2 to use for a month before returning it.

Until then I only had the hype to go off of about how great they were. When I actually got to try them compared to my over ear headphones. I will definetly say that they didnt sound bad for what they were. But not as good as the over headphones in terms of bass.

So it sounds like what you guys are describing is similar to overall Index Speaker design than anything.

My question is how does the DMAS stack up to the original Index Speakers?

Dam! I figured nothing could be worse then smas I have now. Seems it’s not going to be that much better which is beyond me in this day and age. Ugh!