So where is our DMAS? (Now Shipping)

i already expected this,thats why it took so long… they could never compete with the index speakers

2 Likes

lets not jump to conclusions yet, the Index speakers arent “that” great either.

1 Like

thats true,but they sound great…But we will see when i have the DMAS

1 Like

Sounds like GrodenVR bass extenders might help to funnel sound. Leave cups off and still off ear.

Might be insufficient amp as well. Which can be augmented with an external usb amp.

1 Like

These don’t even have the same driver electronics as various prototypes, it’s a couple of steps up from that.

1 Like

Once again please qualify what you say - you tested your *prototype device. As you can see people with or without tweaking have had good results, much better than the ones you had. It’s because the electronics are different and it has an internal sound processing chip.

A couple of non tester has clarified this as being true. That received the DMAS. I think Razer has also received the new version.

Synopsis is Kdmas is better if you want Bass.

I am curious about the capacitor and choke used to improve the release version.

He is definitely talking about the prototype. Testers had different versions. They were often designed to test very specific aspects of the design.

As far as I knew they are the same. After I provided you feedback, you ignored my repeated messages asking you questions about the unit. What what I supposed to think? Go back and look, you’ll see my questions.

This is easy - you should think we continued the design and the delays after you received your device were because changes were being implemented.

Sure. But we have had several non testers give there impressions/review of the final release which seems to indicate the bass issue was not improved much from the last update.

1 Like

I would presume they must be sending you the release version. To which as a tester you will be in a better position to compare to.

We had a solid list of improvements we needed to make. Once the team felt they had nailed the changes the team used internal testers then they deemed it ready and began shipping. (I would have liked one more turn with external testers.) There was only 1 change in the list that didn’t get implemented which is wide forward rotation of the speakers but instead they used one that had a lot wider sound field.

1 Like

Razer might be. But the others with the final shipped version are talking about that one. And it seems to align with what Razer said.

Still looking forward to check it out for myself.

Last time we conversed you mentioned you hadn’t received the final version yet. I presume this was remedied?

It was remedied but not in the way I expected with the exact package that is being shipped out. I have a experimental headset with it integrated. I did try it with the KDMAS cups though and it does increase the bass a lot on this one and needed a bit of EQ tweaking. This is indeed better than KDMAS once tuned to your liking.

My results are out of the box the mids and highs are far better than KDMAS and the strength of the bass is lower but the bass accuracy is higher. (not near as weak as the prototypes). The volume is about 40% more than the prototypes (subjective test, same volume level and power applied). With the cups the bass is as strong or stronger than the KDMAS and it’s a bit muddy without a bit of EQ.

1 Like

I’m just tired of having to put in ear buds to vr in order to get good sound. Its important when I’m iracing to hear the rpms …tires if I’m over driving corners etc…

Vr is almost as much about great audio as it is visual imo

3 Likes

Unfortunately with it being integrated in an experimental hmd it may have other improvements.

Might be an idea to share your settings so others whom received the consumer release can test with your settings and report back.

There is a good db meter ap in google play.

Team says it’s the same. It’s just a device with the dmas and hand tracking preinstalled.

1 Like