So where is our DMAS? (Now Shipping)

Honestly he has admitted it. It has to be very hard for folks like him Quorra, Hamnwrhead and the CS team being front facing with other departments creating unnecessary and preventable issues for there respected positions.

Kevin and these front facing folks can’t fix what these departments have screwed up. Most they can do is identify and give feedback on consumer and there own frustrations of how things are being done contrary to the advertised update plan.

As we can see pimax is still having serious communication issues.

3 Likes

I will. I am no audiophile, but I own an Index as well, so I have that to compare it to.

1 Like

I’m not sure you understand what I’m saying… There are more confirmed addresses than the total number of units produced so you can’t make a calc like that.

1 Like

He was quoting you.

20% should not be shipping to any new orders as per the last Official update stating order date would be honored

New orders by your statement have been bumped ahead of older orders ignoring FiFO

0% of units produced should not be shipping out to new orders til old orders are shipped at least with “confirmed addresses” pre exiting orders being fulfilled first as advertised.

4 Likes

I’m not saying it’s a good thing or evaluating it, merely stating the info I was told. I asked how did that happen and that was the response.

I do think the production on these should be reasonably fast as we have multiple lines now. It used to be that one item would interrupt others but that aspect is largely solved.

4 Likes

They shouldn’t have opened these new orders yet and seems they have got ahead of themselves yet again. Selling things they don’t have. This limited 200 with a ship date, without them being sure they are clearing the previous commitments beforehand. I’m obviously aware of the history of these, but not every customer is… so a buyer who purchases on the site now should absolutely have to be supplied when they were told too… You could argue they have just the same right to receive what they have been promised too. Such a mess.

They are not even doing the new orders by order date, as proven here. So more egg on the faces on pimax people that keep saying these things, yet behind the scenes, the company does something else.

It should be really simple. Do what you say you’re going to do! If you set expectations, manage them!

7 Likes

I Don’t think anyone is faulting you for the info your given.

Just seems constantly there putting folks like yourself and Pimaxquorra in a bad position as you can’t trust the update details your given.

I can imagine your quite frustrated in not being able to trust the info your given to post as often details are not honored.

Do appreciate your candor and sympathize with you drawing the short stick.

2 Likes

Very much agreed. One day we might be able to rely on the updates as posted without doubts on the integrity.

1 Like

Hello,

It was the mistake made by our CS Rep.
The DMAS was actually ready to go right now, maybe you could provide me the order # in PM, so we could help you to check the shipment status.

Regards.

1 Like

Hello,

Please check the inbox, we have shared some DMAS info with you.

Regards.

3 Likes

Hi Quorra
Thanks for the update,

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra
Sorry but this must be tiresome for you guys, every day hammering logistics department and customer service, trying to get them to do what’s right.

What must be even more frustrating is that you have been doing it for more than a year now, and it seems it hasn’t changed much.

Thanks for your efforts :+1::beers:

2 Likes

So what’s with the dmas now, do we need to confirm our details again or it’s gonna ship out normally? Are we waiting for emails ? Where can we check our orders?

Hello,

You can always check the status with our CS team or directly share the order# with us via personal message.

Regards.

2 Likes

Remains to be heard. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I’ll keep you posted :wink:

1 Like

My DMAS is on my way,when i get it i will let you know who it compares to the KDMAS

4 Likes

Got mine yesterday. I am not an audiophile and I do have some hearing loss.

KDMAS - good bass, loud, mids and highs are adequate and sound pretty good.

DMAS - weaker bass, not as loud but loud enough. mids and highs are fantastic. Overall sounds clearer than the KDMAS

Running it through an EQ can help with the bass, but it’s not going to be as good as the KDMAS. I don’t think they are as good as the Index, but they are not far off.

For me however, they will be fine. I really needed an off-ear solution as I need to be able to hear is someone needs me.

I don’t think they are better or worse than the KDMAS, just different. I am glad I purchased them.

11 Likes

Thanks for the impressions, Krunchy. Do the KDMAS earcups fit on the DMAS? Saw some people talk about trying those with it, would be curious how that impacts the sound as well, if you could give it a go. That’d sort of defeat the off ear audio purpose, yes, but still be interesting to see results if it fits.

Will have to wait for some more variety of opinions before any hard judgements, but if those end up being most people’s impressions sounds like it might not be worth the, after taxes and shipping, about 140 dollar upgrade from the KDMAS if you already have it, unless you need that off ear audio. If you got the SMAS or are buying the headset new, then might be more compelling. That’s the discounted sale price too though.

So they didnt fix the bas response…
The testers where complaining about that if i am not wrong.
50 mm drivers would have helped.

But let see when i get them,then i can give my real opinion.

1 Like

The ear cups do fit, but I would not recommend using them, it turns it all into a big mushy mess.

1 Like