So today its the pimax chrystal launch(europe time),so i am curious what we can expect at our last day from the pimax 7th Anniversary Event

That is untrue. The system they were promoting wasn’t even dual display, it was a short throw projector that done 70PPD. They never used the term bionic displays.

I get the point that using the term bionic lenses is maybe questionable because varjo had bionic displays. Fwiw, bionic displays isn’t trademarked by Varjo but Bionic lens system appears to be trademarked by Pimax (which in this case is a point against pimax as it seems a bit iffy).

trademarked name from Varjo

So that is also untrue, for 2 reason. 1: The name isn’t trademarked, 2: They didn’t steal it as it’s not about displays. You could make an argument that it’s a grey area though and I would agree. Except that “bionic” isn’t really pushed by Varjo, you need to dig a bit to find them even mention it on their website so it’s not like some big buzz marketing term. It’s basically just a word lol.

Reason why I said trolling was because bionic display kept being said, and it was pointed out that the term was never used. No one disputed that the 70PPD thing was present in the 12K presentation but you kept replying “it’s right there with screenshots”. I guess there’s just crossed wires here like you’re misunderstanding what was being said.

Anyway, I doubt the 70PPD projector thing is ever happening. At least not in the reality line era of headsets (even with enterprise, I just don’t see it happening).

That sort of stuff annoys me because it is only Pimax that you apply that to. I’m not even defending Pimax anymore as I’ve been stung recently and am salty towards them to some extent, it’s just annoying to see this stuff in general and I would be responding to it for any company.

Anyway, I’m going to step away from these forums for a while. I don’t disagree with the points many of you make but I really disagree with how yous go about it and how Pimax are treated so differently, you’ll claim that you’re just trying to keep them accountable or something and you hope more than anyone that a good product comes out and something you all have good points (like the head scratcher of why do they still give release quarters that they don’t know for sure they can meet etc) but yous also clearly really dislike pimax and are quick to jump onto their case etc. I can’t say I blame yous but it also gets tiring and it’s a broken record so I’m just gonna stop cause what’s the point. All the best.

1 Like

I understand the sentiment and there is absolutely no point in taking any of this personal enough to have it negatively affect your day.

If Pimax continue to not communicate clearly when a long-awaited and long announced-product comes to market, for whatever reason, they will continue to be challenged by disappointed prospective customers; if there were no reaction, this would be absolutely detrimental as it would show a lack of interest in their products.

As it stands, the market is interested but has lost faith in their ability to follow through on announcements. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

Take this image from the Varjo presentation.

Varjo Bionics2

And now look at this image from Pimaxes presentation.

It’s literally the same thing. One back panel and a second projected image bouncing off an invisible screen.

2 Likes

I thought everyone would understand I was refering to Varjos Bionic system Pimax was copying, then dropped. Pimax introduced confusion by calling their lenes Bionic which some people thought was what i was refering too even though I posted screen caps of the panels not lenses.

I’m not jumping on anyone here I think this thread has been a great learning experience. I hope people got something out of it.

I have an edgy style of posting which triggers some people. I understand. But I’m here for Pimax, I’m rooting for Pimax in the same way I did back before the Kickstarter. The 12K could be great. I’d buy one. But they have to stop breaking promises made in knee jerk promotional videos. Stop making deadlines until products are actually in production and give themselves 3 month from production start to release to get the package in a state that will reflect well (4/5) from reviewers who will be far harsher then me. $2400 is not $380 on a Pico 4 or $600 on a Reverb G2. Once a bad review hits YT its there forever.

2 Likes

I think HTC has taken the heat pretty badly with the Cosmos. Valve took the heat over the initial batch of controllers and lens glare. Oculus CV1 tracking got slated. Reverb G1 had moura, etc. It’s all part and parcel of consumer demand when spending hundreds, but we forgive them as I forgive Pimax and look to the future Crystal and 12K releases.

Don’t feel like you can’t post here we’re all in this together.

2 Likes

I’m sure no one here dislikes Pimax. We’re all here because we’re interested in at least 1 of the upcoming headsets. But it’s just frustrating to see how they handle some things. One hopes that they improve, and actually, in some aspects they have improved, but in other ways they just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Haha yeah it takes some energy and time to discuss here, which I don’t have that much myself anymore, way too busy with other stuff. Besides it’s pretty pointless :slight_smile: And honestly, I think we’re still some time away from shipment. I mean, if Pimax is really planning to start shipping around christmas, then they should be doing those roadshows in November. And that would in turn mean announcing them in October. And in a few days we’re already past half of October. So I wouldn’t be surprised it their latest roadmap again is too positive.

2 Likes

No I am not. I’m pointing out just the opposite. “Bionic lens system” and “Bionic display” are two different trade names for two completely different things in exactly the same way that “Best Buy” and “Best Foods” are two different trade names for two completely different things.

The only difference is that the word “bionic” is much more uncommon than the word “best”. And that seems to be causing undue focus on it as if the word itself is a unique trademark. It is not. Bionic is an ordinary word in the dictionary.

It’s clearly similar and uses a similar approach, but that doesn’t mean it’s actually the same. The screenshot mentions a Pimax patented technology being involved in their version of it, which suggests that it is not the same.

For comparison, consider limited slip differentials found in cars. GM has “Positraction” units. Other manufacturers have their own tradenames for their own systems that perform the same function. These are similar designs which are based on the same principles, but they are not actually identical. In some cases, the internal differences between them are pretty significant.

I wouldn’t be entirely certain of that. On the trajectory Pimax is on, it could be a good business move for them to start competing in the commercial space. Just as Varjo started in the commercial space and started reaching into the consumer space, Pimax might do the reverse.

If they made a business focused variant of the 12K, it would be a direct competitor to Varjo’s VR-3. And with an AR module, it would be a competitor to Varjo’s XR-3. The video mentions a Pimax patent, which suggests that a 70PPD projection isn’t just a toss in idea. This functionality would seem to be something Pimax has seriously considered and done at least some work on.

I really don’t have a guess as to whether Pimax would actually go down that path. But surely they must have contemplated it and could still be contemplating it.

:joy::rofl::joy: no, you just confuse an awful lot of things out of context, sparking rumors and unsettling other people. :joy:

1 Like

Lol by reporting Pimaxes bogus videos, bad communication and never ending confusion. Don’t shoot the messenger! Just watch the MRTVs interview with Kevin and Seb.

When you see Pimax post this.
Pimax bogus claims

It’s clear Crystal is not here and V3.0 is not now. But hey I don’t write this stuff.

Lets see if Pimax can actually have a mid October Crystal Launch next week like they claim.

Pimax bogus claim2

1 Like

btw, the 70ppd aProjection was only advertised as a possibility for the future and not synonymous for consumers. It was never intended for the actual 12k. I find it amazing that as a poor English speaker I understand the information better than someone based in the UK. Is possibly due to the basic technical understanding.

Ahh, and bionic displays Varjo has been around for many years and headsets. That has always been her focus.

1 Like

Did you watch that Pimax video? It was a 12k launch video by Pimax. It had specs, a price and a launch date. If you have problems with that take it up with Pimax. I’m just commenting on it.

If your Priminister released a video telling the German people how they were all getting a $2499 VR headset by the end of the year but then you didn’t get it wouldn’t you say WTF? Where’s my headset? Have the Government lost their minds? Or would you say oh yes it was just a marketing video nobody actually believes a word our Government says? They just make this up all the time and we just except it.

1 Like

i have seen the live präsentations… that was enough

2 Likes

So except Pimax released a video in October 2021 and certain specs in that video were not true?

Now you’re hitting the deadline again to distract from your technical misinformation.

Well, 50 wrong fictional technical things are no better than missed deadlines.

1 Like

I’m quoting Pimax so not my disinformation, and not my deadlines. Try again.

I don’t know what specs you mean. a) since the HMD doesn’t exist yet, it’s pure speculation, b) the things you babbled about in this thread were never intended for the regular 12k.

1 Like

It was, lol, Pimax released a video setting out specs, a price and a release date. It even says in the title 12k QLED.

1 Like

okay, i see, with the 70ppd, the videomaker went overboard and it should be removed. However, if you carefully watch the original 12k presentation in its entirety, you will realize that it is just a possible IDEA for industrial and office users. Not for the regular consumer market.

1 Like

Totally agreed the video is now outdated and misleading. I already asked for it to be removed but so far nothing…

Where is the original presentation?

Office users? Come on… not for regular users? Really? I clearly heard Kevin say the new models were specifically for high volume consumers.

2 Likes

this70ppd will never work on a regular PC for gaming the next 4 years. For CAD or so, with Dual Cards maybe.
Movies also… but not complex 3d Gaming