[RESOLVED] Pimax Not Detected - AMD 5700 XT

This is good news but how long until this new Pitool is released?

I feel if you have a fix it should be released immediately as those of us who have this card can’t use our headset at all making it a critical issue and I hope that we do not also need to wait for other features or based on some artificial reason like another Pimax day. @Alex.liu

1 Like

My 1080 died last night so I went out and picked up a 5700 XT today. So just to be clear, this issue of screens flickering four times while the error code 10635 is shown before changing to error code to 10935 thing has been going on for more than three months now and there is no fix or workaround? I’m a bit disappointed. Has anyone been able to get the Pimax running on a 5700 XT?

1 Like

A recent post from @Alex.liu I believe has said next pitool release should have the 5700 issue fixed. Though no detail yet as to a release date.

Sorry to hear your 1080 died.

2 Likes

Do we have any idea when this version is coming? Because if it’s going to take longer than a couple weeks then I may just return my 5700 and get something else. @Alex.liu I don’t know if this is an option for you guys but if you have a test build of the software with this fix then I would be happy to help test it on my 5700 XT regardless of stability.

1 Like

We won’t likely hear anything til monday.

1 Like

new pitool will coming soon, we are testing it .

2 Likes

Good to know. If it comes out this week then (in time for Nostos) I may end up keeping my 5700XT. I’ll keep my fingers crossed then

Waiting is driving me crazy.

Estimated Release of new Pitool Dec 13.

1 Like

That’s disappointing :disappointed:

Don’t keep your hopes up. I’ve been waiting for a year for Pimax to fix RX 580 compatibility and almost nothing has been fixed as of a week ago when I last tested.

The preview does mention 5700 compatability so here is hoping the issues with the Rx 580 are related.

My hopes are not up at this point unfortunately. I realise I made a mistake purchasing this headset. Everything about Pimax says hobby project, they are very unprofessional from everything I have seen. I mean 2 weeks to test and release a fix for a critical flaw to get operation from a GPU that was released 5 months ago, no professional business thinks operating that slow is acceptable. And unfortunately it has become clear to me this is not the only issue with Pimax and what I have been seeing here is very disappointing. I will cross my fingers to be lucky and get this earlier than suggested and I will cross my fingers this next release provides functionality to my currently useless headset. Considering the other issues I’ve been reading about here, my confidence is very low.

It may seem that way. AMD has been directly involved in trying to get this resolved for quite sometime. AMD is also in the list of partners & did know of issues related to compatability.

So this issue required both teams actively working on resolving it. My r9 390 8g being from a different series didn’t have the issues that the rx480 & newer have had.

Has the new version of Pitool with the 5700xt issue fix been released yet? I would like to actually use my VR headset for DCS and much rather not put my vega 56 back in just to use the pimax.

It’s projected to be released on the 13th. Amd & pimax have been working together to resolve it.

Video of the upcoming pitool release with AMD support

3 Likes

The interesting thing there is it is running on 19.11.2 which is an old version so nothing on AMD’s end.

1 Like

Awesome the two teams have this sorted out. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Hi Virtual,

That’s Nov’s version. So, are your point is driver version or the compatibility for 5700XT?

B.R.
Konger