[RESOLVED]Pimax 5K+ diagnose 10600 displayport not detected

Download Firmware 248 & manually flash firmware.

1 Like

Ill try rthat now.u mean through the flasher tool or dfu.exe

Dfu.exe I believe is the flasher tool.

Double click it to run & choose the p2.dfu file to flash. Original one in pitool is in something like Pitool\Dfudriver\

1 Like

Theres the sjefs flasher also

1 Like

Yeah the sjefs was the other one i was thinking of.ill try it now.i also tried another pc earlier and tried to flash it on that but ws geting to 98% all the time then getting usb error and crashing.ive just plugged it nack in to my pc amd it bootrd straight innto dfu mode.

1 Like

No joy.hmd is going straight into dfu mode when powered up but usb is blinking usb in dfu mode in devices and i cant flash with dfu.exe or the other tool as usb is not pinging

1 Like

Sorry to hear. There is a sequence of button presses to put hmd into dfu mode. I think as a reset. Will see if I can find a link.

1 Like

Here is link on a method @risa2000 used. I couldn’t find the button sequence for resetting.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/solved-led-keeps-flashing-red-green-blue/14441/31?u=heliosurge

2 Likes

Done 2 flashes with the dfu.exe tool in the runtime folder and sjefs one i found on here.the dfu.exe one flashs and names the firmare running under the browse tab.when intry the other one it says flash complete then flashes a usb error and the headset jusy has a steady red light then.still.showing error 10600 in diagnostics but everything else good.ive tried another cable as well but no joy.im.beat.

What color led you have?
Could it be the headset power supply is bad? :thinking:
Does the display backlight lit up?

I dont think so bud.oled screens are blacked and out.got a solid red led light now at the power button.the jmd was working abs perfect before i tried to install the new pitools.sonce then 10600 error all the time.

Since you installed the new pitool, the problem came?
Sounds definitely like a software problem then.

1 Like

See this post for the Pimax recommended fix for missing VC components.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-4k-not-powering-on/2595/24?u=virtual

As a general rule I would prefer to only download these directly from microsoft but when I did my fresh install of my entire system recently, I used that download from Pimax and touch wood, have not had an issue.

@Virtual The Vc error is solved, the last problem left (wish was the first one), is the DP not detected :confused:

Same here… :confused:

:slightly_frowning_face:
@Alex.liu do you have any suggestion other than file a support request?

1 Like

What Pitool/firmware have you tried?

As I pointed out 245 did not work for me on either Nvidia or AMD but earlier releases worked for me with my GTX 1060 and of course in the case of the AMD 5700XT only .249 with FW255 works with that card.

If you have Nvidia my recommendation would be to start at .144 as that is the one most people seem to have the best success with, I’d also recommend flashing your HMD with the associated FW if it does not work with .144 with your current FW. If you have an AMD card the release that works for you will depend on the card you have.

1 Like

Problem solved !!! yeah i’m happy^^

It was a firmware bug solved with a teamviewer session made with Mr (or miss?) Whyte Huang. he used a debug tool etc. we couldn’t resolve this kind of problem with “traditional” methods i would say.

Thanks so much to the community guys @Heliosurge @Ludiks @TrevorVR @Virtual @risa2000 @Tino etc.

Even if it wasn’t a good start for me, i’ve noticed the reactivity of the community and i appreciate that a lot.

Thanks again everyone

8 Likes

Your very welcome! Glad to hear your now able to start enjoying your Pimax 5k+. :beers::sunglasses::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

2 Likes

Great news !
Et bonne année :slight_smile:

1 Like