Replacement defective

A simple reality is human error or lack of tight enough specufications in testing. A lot of companies would rely on a display panel mfgr to release good quality. So for example a box of a 100 panels a customer might sample 10 to ensure the batch passes for their useage.

I worked for a company that disagreed about a rejected part feature. Instead of reworking tge parts rejected. They cleaned off the painr marker & made sure the top layer in the tote was all nee peices. The end result the customer used tge rejected parts which can only presume no actual use issues.

His brother shares the same gene pool so likely to have similar family characteristics.

Ie you know he has his father’s eye shooting a rifle.

The same can also be true with folks whom live within a region can share optical charactisticd in sight due to enviromental factors in adaption.

well this only happened with pimax. i have the lenovo explorer and the blacks are grey but at least dont have the this type of mura. In pimax i can see that the blacks are more grey in bottom of screen than in the middle. its a strange effect.

1 Like

It does spund from talking with spam likely a qa issue. One if his headsets had something like this on one panel only.

yes and too bad all backers didn’t have the chance (not practical or possible of course) to try out each for a week prior to deciding, because that’s what I think it would take to make a personal informed decision like that in this case. Instead we all had to rely on blind trust.

1 Like

As much as backers would have flipped there lid. Sending a person/backer to a vr arcade with 2 headsets to demo for a month with modded vive das or similar. Would have been effective & the arcade could charge the $25/30m. Would be a win win. The Arcades would make money & peak their interest in obtaining these hesdsets to upgrade their offerings.

Backers I am sure would call ahead & reserve a time slot or two to make a special trip.

1 Like

are you talking about what appears to be from this pic vertical bands of light shafts? I definitely don’t have that on my 5K. My Rift has horizonal bands of light though, and quite annoying in dark scenes.

1 Like

no the vertical bands of light i dont see when playing. at least i think i dont see. maybe its that that make the mura . i know that i see mura. screen more bright in botton and top and more black in center

1 Like

I think what you describe is not mura. Mura is when single color does not show even on the screen, but it is more random variance (some pixels slightly darker, some slightly brighter, but it is like this evenly spread over the screen) - light gradients are not mura.

What you describe seems more like backlight bleed from the edges, in this case closer to the edge the brighter it gets. I do not experience this in my 5k+ so you are probably unlucky to get 2nd replacement bad as well.

1 Like

I put the images of what i see. i just dont know what is it, but its very annoying. if its mura or light bleed or both i dont know. the yellow cloud its everywhere in the screen.

2 Likes

I think the only option is try for another replacement. Yes, it is annoying to get 2 bad in a row but it can happen.

I would open new ticket with Pimax, they will know best what it might be and if it can be perhaps solved remotely (which I doubt).

1 Like

I have to set the brightness to low on mine for comfort since anything above low causes severe glaring and light bleeding.

2 Likes

@Doman.Chen why pimax dont answer my message? @Sean.Huang said would answer next week but almost two weeks passed and no answer.

Meanwhile I received a new cable without warning, no track number, nothing and in a sunday. I was not in home, fortunately they call me and i I managed to solve the situation.

The cable fixes the whites dots for now, but still i have many problems with the headset. Some are, light bleed, vertical black line in center of vision dont go out, even if i change ipd. Cant use it because the glasses touches in lenses (you said people with glasses could use it but this is not true unless you scratch the lenses).

Anyway the worst its the yellow light bleed and breaks the imersion. Anyone can say if its normal? Can you take pictures of the light in 5k and 8k in dark? i think its defective , because no other headset i tried this hapened…

@Doman.Chen and @Sean.Huang please can you answer my message?

@SweViver @mixedrealityTV, @VoodooDE can you make a test if this happen in your headsets 5k + and 8k?

1 Like

Mine has it, i think it’s normal because i see uniform black level across screen if my eyes are in the sweetspot (distance from lenses, vertical placement, IPD and tilt). If they are not then i see it as brightness unevenness on edges so it’s a way of confirming that i actually hit the sweetspot.

2 Likes

Your familiy surely must be aware that for many years 80% of what we buy locally here, ultimately was made in china.

3 Likes

Yes they are, and they know the reputation that chinese people have about the quality.

and “made in America” certainly doesn’t mean what it used to like in the 1940’s and 50’s but yea…despite what Trump would have you believe. Btw that goes for Canada as well. We live in a fast throwaway disposible market and tech races along tempting us to “upgrade” each year.

Although, I can and do empathize with your situation.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with what you say about disposible market. I will not talk about politics because everyone has their opinions, and i respect everyone’s opinion.
Anyway i just want to see the headset with better quality. in this moment its very hard to use it.

i will make a review what i like and deslike and what work and not work for me.

You are aware chinese company makes Apple’s Iphone (foxconn i believe). And likely 50% or more of your computer conponets.

Bad western media has painted China poorly due to knockoff Manufacturers. Much like those Gentlemen who sell speakers & electronics out of the backs of Cube Vans.

Agreed though they need to try & get communication working better. Which they have Targeted May to start implementing what appears to be a solid company & support Management system.

Keep in mind @PimaxUSA is still building the US branch which will once fully staffed with Trained personell will improve the current situation greatly.

In the meantime hopefully @anon74848233 & @mozi can hopefully get things moving for you. As difficult & frustrating the current situation is with mis steps try to find a bit more patience.

1 Like

FYI The US office is indeed hand testing all headsets, cables and power supplies that go out. We’re only handling a small percentage of the tickets though but increasing the load each day. We’ve also been performing direct tech support and other functions as well.

On a daily basis we’re now solving issues that in a lot of customer cases had been quite lengthy.

3 Likes