Replacement defective

Are you using the original head strap, that thing is crap. I had focus and light bleed issues until I bit the bullet and bought a Vive DAS which you can adjust to hold it at the perfect angle and pressure to your face.

I have a yellowish glowing when the screens are “black”
It depends on the angle and distance you look at the headset. I think this is normal for the Pimax headset.

1 Like

If its normal, its horrible. it breaks completely the immersion.

1 Like

The 5k+ is known to be Warm(yellow) with Backl8ght while 8k is Cool (bluish). But shouldn’t be that strong based on variety of users stating blacks for lcd was decent.

@kloperius situation as he compares it to lenovo sounds defective. I know for me blacks & colors are definitely good compared to the old 4k & it was decent in my xp.

Ok I’ll take some photos someday about what I’m talking abut.

2 Likes

I know old lg flatron monitors were bad for lightbleed on edge due yo was it edge lit?

the black and colors are fine even better than lenovo . the sde its a huge diference, much better. But the yelow fog in screen breaks the imersion. i asked my brother to test and he said the same. its very hard to use with the yellow fog. if the 8k its much less than 5k i would prefer to have that.

1 Like

I think @bubbleball & others mentioned replacement look better but screen had a haze? To it on the 5k+.

But I still by mu opinion it sounds like your unit has a QA issue & pimax needs to get on top of this. Replacing a headset due to QA is one thing; but it seems too many are receiving replacements with defects.

With the 8k you’d likely need to see for yourself. With the eye chart through the lens shots the 5k had a yellowish tinge to white(much like Warm light bulbs 3500k?)

Same yellow. Both first and replacement are like this, still wait next replacement (other issue)
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-5k-seems-to-have-developed-bad-lightbleed-from-both-lenses/14214/13?u=bubbleball

i don’t have that in mine

1 Like

Well my 5k+ looks pretty much the same as in @kloperius photos, I thought it’s normal.

3 Likes

Same here, but I don’t notice anything when wearing it.

3 Likes

Its seems some people have, others not. I dont no if its defective but im not happy with it. For me its the worst. the distortions are the minimum. It’s frustrating because i like the colors and the sde is great…

I see the sweviver video and i know now what i have its mura effect.

sweviver dont see any. i see everywhere…

if the 8k dont have this yellow fog i opted for that but i am afraid that will not like the clarity and sde.

It only shows that the quality of the screens are very low. This shouldnt happen. i dont mind the blacks being grey, but the bleeding its inadmissible.

So frustrating…

1 Like

It is difficult for sure. I can say from members here that have both seem to be favoring the 8k for the most part. But is subjective in terms of what you like.

interesting that MRT was going out of his way trying to convince everyone to switch to 5K…I hope those of us who did will at least get the 100 bonus as promised.

1 Like

So it seem like his issue is Mura where each pixel color don’t match in certain portions of the screen and its not a fog or light bleed? How can a LCD display pass inspection if the pixels don’t match in color to be accepted in a final product?

1 Like

Well that comes down to his xp. Due to a sensitivity he observed the wobble on the 8k. And from one’s frame of reference we naturally think “If I can see it, so will everyone else”

i think this mura its because of the light bleed.

But he said his brother sees it to so its not just him right?

1 Like

my brother and my nephew. they put the headset and they saw this effect like was dirt and breaks the imersion. . when wee see through the lens its not so visible like the pictures, but you can see this mura.image

1 Like