Questions for Pimax about 5KBE

Here are my take the pictures of Vive pro and 5K BE。Camera: iPhoneX 2x

Vive Pro:

5K BE:

16 Likes

WOW !! the BE looks awesome,I have an Odyssey which is very nice particularly the colours,this is one time I am glad I am at the back of the list 6000+ I really can’t express how much of a difference you have made to this forum since you have been back,please keep it coming and a big THANKS Mathew.xu

5 Likes

If pimax just moved to a full RGB stripe OLED panel on that 5k+ BE, it would be awesome!

1 Like

The SDE still looks pretty bad. any chance we could get the same shot on the 5K and 8K?

6 Likes

@Matthew.Xu can you tell us anything about the panels used in the 5kBE?

Are they a standard VR panel like in the deepoon E3?

I think it’s Samsung Amoled?? Right?

2 Likes

This is awesome! Thank you. Do you have comparison to 5k+ and 8K?

Also when will reviewers receive 5K BE

Thanks!

1 Like

You can definitely see the fidelity/resolution difference on the 5k BE compared to the vive pro! Agreed though, same scene comparison on the 5k+ and 8K would be great. We could even compare it to the samsung odyssey plus…

I’d totally sacrifice some SDE (if still much of an improvement compared to vive/pro though not as good as 5k+) for oled blacks and colors. Let’s hope reviewers get the headsets soon to see how big the sacrifice is gonna be. Not sure about the lower refreshrate…

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t think refresh rate is an issue given 8k is 80 Hz. My biggest concern would be ghosting. @Matthew.Xu can you please let us know if ghosting issue has been resolved?

Thank you.

Here is a comparison of 8K, hope it will help you. Thank you
https://community.openmr.ai/t/8k-5k-4k-sde-comparison/3941

1 Like

I’ll let Sean to answer your question. Thnank you

2 Likes

@Davobkk

Yeah, 5K BE use Samsung OLED display.

5 Likes

Thanks Sean. That’s good information to know. It helps people decide what headset to buy

Is it a standard Samsung Phone panel with higher refresh rate OR is the panel hardware designed specifically for VR?

The advertising for the Deepoon E3 says “Anti blue light OLED”

Is that a hardware OR software feature. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks Matthew. Its good information to help customers choose the 5K+ OR BE

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for posting. Just to confirm…

1. The 5k here in these screenshots is the BE version?
  2. The ghosting issue is resolved?

Thanks for the response!

What screenshots do you mean?

The ghosting issue has been solved.

3 Likes

I think these are the shots in question, which are clearly labeled as “5K BE” and “Vive Pro”. https://community.openmr.ai/t/questions-for-pimax-about-5kbe/9630/42?u=neal_white_iii

I mean the 8K comparison link that you sent. Is the 5k labelled there the BE version. Sorry for the confusion.

There is no BE version in that link.