Questions for Pimax about 5KBE

So just to be clear. I was asking if you could post a comparison of 5k BE and 5k+ / 8k like you did with Vive pro.

Again sorry for the confusion.
Thanks!

1 Like

feel more like a marketing way to say since OLED does not use white back lighting your eyes would not receive the unwanted blue light from the red and green area which are normally leaked through the LCD filter.

1 Like

Right. Well the latest Samsung phones have the anti blue light option. Iā€™m guessing its a software thing

Iā€™m just trying to get more clarity on what the 5K BE is exactly. Pimax can be so vague on specs

@Matthew.Xu does the BE have the same screens as the 4K BE?

Is it a VR display or a Phone display. Thanks

4K BE has one OLED screen. 5K BE has two OLED screen. They are all VR display.

4 Likes

Great thanks. Is the BE model ready for mass production?

Not yet. The priority is still 5k+ and 8K.

5 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up

Hows Shanghai tonight? Is Pimax office in the city or industrial area?

Cheers

1 Like

Itā€™s very cold and raining in Shanghai tonight.

Our offince in Zhangjiang Technology Park. Thank you

4 Likes

@Davobkk You ā€œhave particular set of skillsā€ :smiley:

1 Like

It may seem like that but Matthew and I go way back :wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s rainy and cold here in Atlanta too. The rain finally stopped and now the temperature has dropped below freezing.

2 Likes

very good weather in Tokyo now, are you coming for the backup Meetup next week?

2 Likes

No, I am looking after production and forum. I canā€™t go anywhere.:joy::joy::joy:

15 Likes

Thanks for your responsivness here. I think I speak for many when I say it makes a big difference!

9 Likes

And we really appreciate that. We all know the impact lack of regular communication creates. It is simply a more pleasant experience for everyone on the forums, when someone of Pimax is readily available for comment.

3 Likes

After this is over you can have a long holiday on Pimax money! :beers:

Yes, but which one do you prefer? In these pictures the Vive pro looks better to me. Though it seems like Vive is maybe not as well focused as the Pimax BE shot. The problems I see in Pimax BE picture:

1. lot of blue fringes (chromatic aberration?). Is this caused by phone camera? But they are absent (or much less) on Vive pro shot
  2. resolution/clarity of the smaller dial (to the right of the big one) is noticeably better on Vive pro picture. The big central dial looks nicer on BE (except the blue fringes) but maybe it is just getting out of focus or (small) sweet spot on the Vive because it does not really lack pixels there.
2 Likes

Exactly. Still better than rift, but worse than Pro. Not sure if thatā€™ll still be worth it if 5/8ks issues get fixed in updates. On the other hand, maybe the 5kbe screen isnā€™t final if production has yet to start.

How would I go about switching if I already made a choice via email, by the way?

5kBE is clearly sharper and more defined vs the vive pro and with less SDE, so not sure we are looking at the same image or what your monitor is like.

You are obviously right. The Vive Pro has higher resolution and it clearly shows on these pictures (right dial).