Questions for Pimax about 5KBE

Hi @PimaxVR and @deletedpimaxrep1,

I have asked these questions before and not received any answer. I am posting in its own thread in the hope of a response.

We are at a point where many of us will need to make a decision between THREE headsets. We are lucky to have a choice but we cannot do so without more information.

Can you please help us by answering the questions below regarding the 5KBE

What is refresh rate?
What is subpixel pattern?
How does SDE compare to 5k+, Vive Pro?
Has ghosting issue been eliminated?
Will Brainwarp work with this headset (assuming it ever works at all as we have precious little from @deletedpimaxrep1 or @PimaxVR about this despite many of us asking many times)

Thanks

3 Likes

It was answered in the reviews.

-83 hz
-pentile (diamond)
-between vive Pro and 5K+, but near vive Pro
-no ghosting effect
-And brainwarp is something that we don’t know if 5K+ and 8K will have in the future.

We need information about brainwarp.

3 Likes

Thanks…

I don’t think refesh rate, ghosting or SDE has been objectively confirmed. I’d like to hear from Pimax about these as well as Brainwarp.

1 Like

I’m with colgate1974 on this, I would like to hear official answers from Pimax rather than relying solely on “guesses” from people who tested it (not saying such feedback isn’t useful too of course, those are very important complementary informations).

1 Like

PPI and native resolution too.

2 Likes

some people said SDE was like Vive OG.

2 Likes

i would want to know why it’s limited selling, do they plan to stop production of the BE after they sold their business batch? why not consider it as a consumer high end product?

because it’s for most users and objectively worse and more expensive choice. if they sell enough and there’s isn’t a huge shit storm and the profit margin is there they’ll probably reconsider.

if it’s basically an wide fov original vive that would be interesting in itself, but probably not at the price.

1 Like

If it is a wide field of view OG Vive then I’m not really interested over 5k+ if it’s a wide FOV Vive Pro then that’s a different matter. @deletedpimaxrep1 please put us out of our misery and please please please answer these questions.

Thanks.

2 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1 please answer these questions.

It’s still sunday and they tend to not reply during the weekends. Only exceptions being some techs or if there is some leaked news on their website like last week.

Anything @deletedpimaxrep1 @PimaxVR?

check 2:04 in this video MRTV Joins as Guest | Oculus Drama | Pimax Pre-orders | Odyssey+ | Episode 101 of VR Roundtable - YouTube
so between the Sebastain words it looks for me that BE is nice device but too early becouse of bussines reasons that is why is not reviewed already and Pimax push us into 5k+

Asking again. Anything @deletedpimaxrep1 @PimaxVR?

1 Like

Hi @deletedpimaxrep1 @PimaxVR,

I (and I’m sure many forum members) really would like answers to these questions so that better informed decisions can be made. There is a lot if speculation and hearsay that could be avoided with a short reply.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

@deletedpimaxrep1 @PimaxVR should I give up asking? :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I’ll just keep asking in the hope @deletedpimaxrep1 or @pimaxvr respond one day.

Or maybe @Matthew.Xu can provide some answers?

1 Like

@Matthew.Xu can you help answer these questions?

1 Like

@Matthew.Xu @deletedpimaxrep1 @pimaxvr please help us make decisions by providing the information we need.

1 Like