Question on the $100 Downgrade coupon

Found this in another thread. Sounds like PimaxUSA is saying that the downgrade coupon can only be used for the 8k+ or 8kx. Disappointing.

3 Likes

Aww man, I really wanted an 8KX…

Xunshu said it was for all backers who accepted the downgrade.

1 Like

It’s not a coupon, it’s our money!
So if we don’t spend 700-1000$ more we lose our money?
Shame on you!

Edit: we don’t lose it, you steal it from us!

13 Likes

The loaner is not a downgrade. Now if you opted to downgrade the 8kX to the 5k; I’d hope you’d get more than a $100 credit.

Now if you opted at the time to pay extra to keep loaner & switched to 5k then yes you’d qualify for $100 credit.

2 Likes

What a shame… Fool us over and over again…

3 Likes

I am not arguing any of that with you. Someone specifically asked “do 8KX backers who chose the 5K+ as a loan unit also get the $100 voucher” and Xunshu specifically replied to them “yes, 8kx backers get the same benefits”

I saved the link; https://community.openmr.ai/t/discussion-updated0920-pimax-8k-progress-update/8454/11

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! This was a post by Xunshu who was a pimax employee (head of marketing?) and its now been edited to make it look like some random person.

This is the original thread of conversation;

Xunshu (pimax):
Most X backers prefer to receive 8K / 5K+ first.
When X ready, they will have the chance to upgrade to X.
Talking about 8K for loan here.

Burstingtops;

If you are an 8K / X backer and decide to switch to 5K+, we will provide you $100 coupon to purchase accessories (modules etc.) in our online store.

8KX backers will receive a $100 coupon if they borrow the 5K+ instead of the 8K?

Xunshu (pimax):
Yes, an X backer enjoys the same rights of an 8K backer, except they can upgrade 8K/5K+ to X as soon as X becomes available.

I really can’t believe that Pimax are going back through their own communications and editing/deleting/reassigning stuff to make it look like they never made certain statements. This is completely messed up.

2 Likes

You want something for nothing. It was obviously a misunderstsnding. Otherwise I accepted the downgrade but didn’t take it. Where is my $100 credit.

As many had opted to pay to keep loaner; the question was valid. But for those not paying to keep it is not. I will be frank that is greedy & as greedy as 8k ppl whom complained 5k pledgerd got a free upgrade & 8k pledgers who stick with 8k got nothing.

I remember the confusion on the loaner.

1 Like

If this is true and they are actively trying to change things like this…
I just don’t understand how Pimax is doing so much to destroy their own credibility when the forum is blasting signals their trustworthiness is so massively important.

I guess they are making a really big amount of money to feel this behaviour is okay

https://community.openmr.ai/u/anon23564932/activity

Why is Xunshu’s account being anonimized? Is is an attempt to delete it maybe?

3 Likes

Let’s recap.
On the KS campaign the 5k variants were 100$ less compared to the 8k variants.
When the 5k+ came out for all 5k backers Pimax offered the difference as a coupon so literally the 8k backers became 5k backers with the 100$ coupon. It was said the coupon can be used for accessories so that many many backers would do the change.

Anything else but using the 100$ coupon on any accessory item in the store is not acceptable. If @PimaxUSA limits the coupons to a certain “upgrade” package, that’s a different story… but hey - these upgrade packages were not even in far sight when the coupon was defined. There must be the option to use it in the store on non of such packages…

5 Likes

As I said, I’m not arguing that point with YOU. The statment by pimax was very clear, it was asked multiple times and the SAME statement was made by board level pimax staff on multiple occaisions, pimax are now trying to delete those statements.

If that doesn’t scream “dodgy as F” then I don’t know what does.

I gave my money to pimax over 2 years ago and still don’t have any of my backer rewards, not my headset, nor any of the stretch goals. They said things and did things and bit by bit they keep taking away what they promised. You might not be upset about that but I certainly am. I took certain actions like giving pimax money and accepting a downgraded loan unit based on statements by pimax staff, pimax are now trying to change the deal and remove things.

I also raised a ticket at the time and got the same response - that I would be getting the voucher. I don’t care if you think thats fair or not, it IS what I was told by pimax and you have no place getting in to that.

2 Likes

This is the ‘re-writing history’ tactic trademarked by ‘You Know Who’.

Yes not good to argue a ridiculous idea. I think this was clarified with 8kX Backers in a PM as I organised a couple for them; not sure why you didn’t ask to be included.

I am 100% certain all 8kX backers would have opted to get a free $100 for nothing on switching a complimentary loaner.

There is maybe real things to complain about the deals offered. But your case is just greedy expecting something for nothing.

1 Like

This is daylight robbery…i downgraded to the 5k from the 8k and was told i have $100 to spend on what i want. I dont want to upgrade as am happy with my 5k+. So essentially i paid the same price as the 8k backers for a 5k+ unit. This is actually unlawful , you have basically stole $100 from us and im outraged. This needs rectifying immediately or myself and many others will wash our hands with you. Disgusting

10 Likes

Mmmmmm…radio silence. We need an answer this is totally unacceptable

1 Like

I raised a ticket and got a direct response from Pimax stating I would get the voucher, i didn’t ask to be included on any group chats because it was never highlighted to me that this was a requirement, i don’t read every single message that every single user posts on this forum - sometimes i go months without reading any at all.

I don’t know why you are trying to argue on behalf of pimax something you had absolutely no involvement in.

If as you say it was clear that this wasnt the case then why are pimax staff now anonymising staff posts to try to cover it up.

I’ve pointed out a few times that I’m an X backer but you insist on giving me the 5k+ label, so even if they were doing X backer PM’s then I’m guessing I’d have been missed off anyway.

2 Likes

Hm, I understand that they might not give out coupons for 5k+ loaners. (At least I asked for a 5k+ and didn’t get nor expect a coupon). It would be fair for people who opted to pay extra to keep their 5k+ and to reduce the price in “Plan G” for people who got a 5k+ instead of an 8k by $100 though.

Even though the 5k+ might be cheaper to produce than the 8k I still think it’s the more interesting headset, particularly if you get an 8k X anyways and consider to keep the loaner.
Think we 8k X pledgers got the best deal out of all that in comparison, so I personally wouldn’t insist on another discount (even though as written above it would be fair as 5k+ is cheaper than 8k was).

2 Likes

I am not a 8k-X backer, but I remember that discussion and my understanding was that it “equally applies to 8k-X backers who paid for their loaners.” And I also believed that by default the backers did not (pay for the loaners), but were supposed to send them back to Pimax, once 8k-X was released.

@geoffvader, @NoamLoop did you pay for your loaners?

2 Likes

No, only payed the 8k X backer price. First got a defective 5k+, sent it back, then got a working replacement 5k+. Shipping and everything was payed by Pimax.

2 Likes

I didn’t pay for my loaner (yet) but I did submit a ticket asking if I would get the coupon for accepting the downgrade to a 5K+ loaner, the response was “yes”. Just checking through all of the public messages Pimax posted, it doesn’t say “who paid for their loaners” in any of them. Its the only reason I took the 5k+ as the loaner.

I was considering paying for my loaner in the offer G and seeing if anyone wanted to buy the 5K+, but looking at ebay and so on it seems no one is interested anyway as there are quite a few listed up that haven’t sold and bid for ones are all sat with 0 bids. The only offer I’ve had on my 5K+ is £200, so it looks like I will be sending this one back.

2 Likes