Question on the $100 Downgrade coupon

What exactly CAN and CANNOT the coupon be used for? I don’t think I’ll be jumping for an 8kX at this time, but that’s also the only thing I’ve seen confirm the coupon exists.

So the question is, what can it be used for? Specifically:

• Controller upgrades?
  • Hand tracking?
  • Eye tracking?
  • Comfort kit?
  • Extra foams?
  • MAS Headphone upgrades?
  • Wireless?

TYIA
@PimaxUSA @SweViver @Matthew.Xu

14 Likes

The options shown in Plan A and Plan C are the only methods the coupon can be used.

@PimaxUSA
Please clarify. I’m not buying another headset, and I went to the 5K+ expecting the $100 coupon to be used for accessories. I was thinking eye tracking (well I guess not eye tracking), MAS upgrade, comfort kit, 10m cable, or wireless module. If you aren’t buying a new headset, you still receive your coupon, yes? So what can it be used for then? I will also note that I like many other’s haven’t actually received our $100 coupon yet.

Note the email that came with our headset shipment was:

Please read the text carefully.
We will deliver your package asap according to the information you fill out in the questionnaire.
We will provide $100 coupon for backers that switch 8K to 5K+.

You can use the coupon in whatever Pimax produced:

1. Accessories: headstrap with earphones, face cushion, 10m cable, cooling fan, VR frame;
  2. Modules produced by Pimax. e.g. hand motion, wireless etc.
  3. Pimax controllers;
  4. When X becomes available, we’ll provide more benefits for both the 5K+ and 8K backers.

You can use both wireless coupon and the $100 coupon with 5K+ ($200 in total) to buy wireless module.
Since the accessories are not available now, you can use the $100 coupon in the future.

I’m hoping your statement was simply incomplete, and if not upgrading, then nothing has changed regarding the $100 dollars of our cash you are still holding from the downgrade.

30 Likes

Wasn’t the coupon supposed to be valid for “any purchase in the Pimax shop” save perhaps Valve stuff?

23 Likes

I would suggest moving this to the Upgrade Q and A?

2 Likes

Yes the offer to take the 5k+ was a $100 coupon to spend on any accessories in the Pimax store. This needs to be honoured to save any face at all. Pimax already took the eye tracking off us.
I’m not buying eye tracking or a new hmd. So I guess Pimax is royally screwing me now.
If a lot of people give up controllers for a discount and upgrade to Index will Pimax then take my controllers off me too, because there’s not enough people to justify making them?
I don’t have enough lube for this.

19 Likes

@MrScopi can move the posts if he wants.
Edit. as this post is particularly about the coupon I see no probs having an own thread @MReis

2 Likes

Please remember that this is not a coupon gift, this was money back for us to accept the 5K+ instead of the disappointing 8K.

Hence we should be free to spend it however we like. I want to use it towards the controllers upgrade.

So please help me understand what gives you the right to restrict its use?

The current 8K plus was the promised headset we should have received - happy for you to keep the $100 if I return the current 5K+ so I can get my original pledge

26 Likes

I might be slow especially in the morning. I’m starting to get it - the $100 coupon is worth next to nothing? This doesn’t sound like an incredible benefit for the backers, whether we got to keep our existing headsets or not. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

18 Likes

For backers upgrade plan C its at $999 and you lose all stretch goals but eye tracking credit. Also 8k to 5k+ downgrade credit.

And if you use current owner upgrade plan its $1100 but you have 8k to 5k+ downgrade credit and now the price is equal at 1000, but get to keep all stretch goals.

So conclusion is, either something is seriously wrong or they hating us backers?!

26 Likes

@PimaxUSA
The 8k to 5k+ coupon is not a stretch goal and was told to us many times in the forum that it could be applied to any Pimax accessories.

23 Likes

Ok - thought it would be fitting - I also asked about the coupon from damage and the other one is partially mentioned in the pptx. ( it’s included in the Plan A e.g. but as mentioned not always applied by the store like 8kx and eye tracking costs 100$ More, 799 instead of 699 like in the image).

2 Likes

When 5k become 5k+ They save $100 while 8k backer become 5k+ and get the same headset. 5k backer don’t have to paid $100 at first time while 8k backer have to use $100 for the fix plan.

Has another choice?

4 Likes

@PimaxUSA
@SweViver
@Matthew.Xu
If i decide not to exercize options A or C that does not mean that i loose my my credit from switching from 8k to 5k+.

16 Likes

you are jocking right? so all the backers that change 8k to a 5k+ that dont want a new headset are losing 100$ ? because they cant spend this money with nothing more? sorry but doesn’t make any sense… you have to give option to spend with the accessories…

30 Likes

@PimaxUSA , I didnt even wanted to receive the headset… i always said that wanted to wait until the controllers and bases where finished because of this all drama. I was forced to received the headset (when they always said that we could wait), but i changed like many other the 8k, to the 5k+ the best headset at that time.
We downgrade with the promise of a 100$ in otther acessories and now you say that we cant use it. Like @bubbleball said the 8k+ its the version that we should have received in the first. I dont see nothing good for backers. Only options to spend more money in you @PimaxUSA

12 Likes

We really need more clarity about the coupon and the stretch goals.

I have a 5k and a 1080ti.I’m not planning on spending more than 2500 euro just for the SDE alone (if it was OLED it would have been a different question). So I’m not going to use any of the current options.
I would expect the stretch goals to still be available. Or not? And to be able to use the $100 coupon (8k -> 5k) whenever I buy something from the Pimax store. Or not?

1 Like

8KX users were also told that we would get the $100 coupon if we took a 5K+ as a loan unit instead of the 8K, so what option is there for 8KX users to use their coupon?

Thanks

absolutely bullocks if the coupon can only be used on plan A and C.

that wasn’t the deal when we accepted the 8k to 5k+ downgrade offer and you know it.

shame on you if you do not make it right pimax

21 Likes

Yeah I think (hope) they’ll do the only right thing and allow the use of the coupon, as it was promised.

8 Likes